Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why does Where’s my refund status tell me my information does not match?

@Meganhope__ wrote:

I mailed my return in and this is the 8th week that I haven’t gotten my money. The turbo tax website says “ready to mail” but I already mailed it back in February. I’m LIVID at this point. 

TurboTax has no way to know when or even if a tax return was mailed by the user of the software.  The status of return on the TurboTax web page will remain as "Ready to Mail"

@Meganhope__ No need to be livid.   TurboTax does not know you put your return in an envelope and took it to a mailbox.   The only way for you to know that the IRS received a mailed return is to use a mailing service like certified mail to send you a confirmation that it was received.   Or wait for a number of weeks until the IRS opens your envelope and enters the information into the system.   Once they do that, you will be able to track your refund on the IRS site.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2021 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It’s been 8 weeks. The IRS website says they do not have any information for me. Should I just refile?

Can I just refile electronically? It’s been 8 weeks since I mailed my return in and I haven’t gotten anything. The IRS website says there’s no information. 

anesgirl
Returning Member

@Meganhope__ I exactly did the same thing, I just printed my tax return and sent it by mail. I have the "delivered" notification from the mailing services. When I try to track my refund it just says no info found. I am lost at that point. But seeing someone who is going thru the same thing made me relaxed a bit. Maybe they are just so behind it and it is taking way longer them to enter the system ? 

anesgirl
Returning Member

@Meganhope__ I was told that if your mailed return is delivered, e-filing will only make it worse. If you know that they received it (do you have your tracking number that shows it was delivered?) then i suggest you to wait until they process it. 

The post office didn’t give me a tracking number. I have no idea if it was delivered. 

Denntim1452
Returning Member

Any update on your return. Mine is still saying information doesn’t match it’s been 10 weeks 

Nope!! No luck still :( 

It can take the IRS several weeks (or months) to even key in your paper return, so please continue to be patient. Also see:

Taxpayers Who Filed Paper Returns Could Wait 6 Months for a Refund (businessinsider.com)

Mel41988

Same I did mine back in January and was accepted and still saying my information doesn’t match. What’s going on? 

Mel41988

I didn’t do a paper one I did electronically on turbo tax. 

Denntim1452
Returning Member

Anything new? 

Denntim1452
Returning Member

I efiled 12 weeks ago still says information doesn’t match

Nope. Still haven’t gotten it. Idk what else to do. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies