Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why does Where’s my refund status tell me my information does not match?

I’ve filed February 13 got accepted  February 16 ive tried to check WMR numerous Times since and it’s been saying information incorrect since I’ve got accepted.... with not 1 update ever it’s really Frustrating.. when Checking it says information incorrect but says Check tax topic 152 ... I hope all is well and I just get a deposit soon !!!

Mine is the exact same way. It’s stressing me out. It’s been almost 3 weeks. 

Mine has done that 3 different times where it said the information i provided was wrong, and then I randomly check and its fine again. And my taxes were accepted on February 9th. 3 days before they actually started accepting them, and I still haven't received a date for when I'll receive them.

Yes, mine have done that 3 times where the information i put in doesn't match and then ill randomly check and it will be fine. And my taxes were accepted on February 9th, 3 days before they started even accepting them, and I still haven't received a date for when I'll receive them. Seriously, WTF is going on? 

This whole thing is really ridiculous. Its amazing how the government **bleep** sure doesn't wait to take our money, but we have to wait and wait and wait to get ours. And their system is crazy. It has told me 3 different times that the information I put in doesn't match. Then it will go back to normal. I am so confused.

Debbieboo1978
Returning Member

I did mine on the 4th of February and irs accepted them on the 12th I talked with irs today to they said that everything is good with my tax return to just give them a little bit more time it will be here real soon they are just swamped with returns but the website keeps telling me information doesn't match reenter it they said the site has been acting up 

Mines doing the same thing. Thursday will be 21 days, and I got bills to pay...its super stressing me out!

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@EdenEyed 

21 days is an estimate from the IRS. You have to keep checking their website for any updates on your refund as Turbo Tax will not have a status. If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it.

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Any answer to this?

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Mdharper1 This is normal. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

I talked to the irs today. They told me that a lot of people are receiving the same message and it’s having issues this year. 

How do I find out exactly when to expect my refund?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Try calling the WMR automated hotline 1-800-829-1954 instead if you submitted your tax return more than 48 hours ago.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

@yellowgirl523

Ok I filed Feb. 3rd it was accepted Feb. 12th. I received my state already but no news on info on my federal. The wmr tool says my info doesn't match wtf 😡😡😡

So ive been checking my wheres my refund status but now its saying incomplete information what does that mean and why is it taking so long for me to recive my federal its been over 21 days 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies