Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Mchalk67

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

I'm getting the same message when I check my federal and state refunds. Could be that both sites are down for updates or maintenance. 

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

Mines doing the same thing.... information isn’t correct, make sure you entered everything properly... I can’t handle another year of waiting for 8 months to get my taxes.!

@Julia20 wrote:

Mines doing the same thing.... information isn’t correct, make sure you entered everything properly... I can’t handle another year of waiting for 8 months to get my taxes.!

Are you referring to a 2020 return and the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool at

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Here are some tips:

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.   Look at your actual Federal return to get the amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

Keyley90

Why is my information from turbo tax not matching with the IRS2Go app or the WMR website tool? Yes my refund was accepted it on 2/12/2021. Yes it’s been 24 hours after accepted it. I still can’t track my status on my refund through the website and site why so? 

Have a little patience.   The IRS just began to accept e-files on 2-12.   The system is overwhelmed.   They have not begun to process your return yet so it is not yet showing up on the refund site.  Try again in a day or two.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have had the same problem. My tax return was accepted by the IRS on Feb 11 and I still have no update on when I will get my return. I keep getting my information doesn't match. It does match, I have called the hotline and get no help, I checked my information, and it's all correct. So frustating!

The IRS website is a joke, You can put in all the correct information and still get an error message. The IRS has no problem getting our money if we owe them but we can't get a simple update on when we can expect to receive our money! It's sad.  You TURBO Tax need to let people know that after 24 hours when the IRS sends you that email that they have accepted your return you will still get an error message that your information doesn't match. If you give people an update they will understand it better. But no, we get to wait 24 hours, try the useless hotline, and double-check your information. We all want to know where our money is so you should prove real updates. 

jdn_ant94
Returning Member

I’m having this same problem. Mine shows it was accepted on 02/12/21

and then I got the email on Sunday saying my return was accepted. I waited 24hrs and still says my info is incorrect when I try to see my refund status.

jdn_ant94
Returning Member

I also looked since Monday was a Federal Holiday since it was President’s day and the IRS is closed on Federal holidays. So that may be the other reason why we can’t see our refund status.

Jimjim2300
Returning Member

Why is that TurboTax accepted and IRS has no information on

It's been a week and I still can't get any information on my refund status. I go to "check my refund" put in all of my information (which is correct) and I still get this error message? 

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

Please confirm your Social Security Number, Filing Status and Refund Amount shown below.

It's all correct and I'm not doing anything wrong. I received an email on Feb 11th saying this: 

Filing status changed to: Accepted
Thursday, Feb 11, 7:01

Hi there, I am no professional but mine did the same thing. If you got your “irs accepted your refund” notification just sit tight. Mine definitely took a few days and then I logged in to the where’s my refund on chrome and I have the first bar now. Last year I forgot to add my marketplace health insurance info so I didn’t get my refund for 8 months. Also, I didn’t get the notification that my return had been accepted last year and I did this year. Just give it time. You can call 21 days after it’s been submitted if you haven’t gotten any updates. 

I'm trying to be patient but I haven't recvd my 2nd stimulus check and I could really use that money and my refund check. I have no income in almost 6 months due to Covid. It's hard to sit and wait.  

Juggaloice40
Returning Member

Did u ever figure out why... Mine is saying the same thing now it was accepted feb 9 2021

@Juggaloice40 wrote:

Did u ever figure out why... Mine is saying the same thing now it was accepted feb 9 2021

Please see the info I left you in your other thread here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/re-trying-to-find-out-the-status-of-my-r...

Also be aware that there are times when the return moves from one stage to another during processing that the IRS WMR tool may not be able to find your info, depending on what they are doing with it; i.e., it may come and go.  But be sure you are following the tips I provided you in that other thread.

Also be aware that the IRS "Where's My Refund" system is not available every Monday from 12:00 am (Midnight) to 3:00 am Eastern Time (or longer).     Since this is a Monday morning, wait and try again during the day.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies