turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

276 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.
  • If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. 

Please see the below Turbo Tax FAQ for additional information:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4242575

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mine is saying the same thing to but never received a email saying it was accepted. If I put in the date I efiled on wmr and that it was efiled then I get tax topic 152.

DID I FILE MY RETURN?

Some clarification is needed here. Only you can e-file your tax return. Nobody else can do it for you. You are the one who has to click that "TRANSMIT MY RETURNS NOW" button. When you have transmitted your return to the IRS, you will receive two e-mails. You will receive physically separate e-mails for a state return, if a state return is filed, for a total of four e-mails. Two from federal, and two from the state.

The first e-mail informs you that you have successfully TRANSMITTED your return to the IRS. This e-mail usually arrives in 10-15 minutes. If you don't have that e-mail, then you did not finish the process.

The second email informs you if your transmitted return was accepted, or rejected by the IRS. If rejected, follow the link in the e-mail to deal with the rejection issue. This second e-mail can take as long as 48 hours before you receive it. Once your return is accepted, DO NOT lose that e-mail. It's the only solid proof you have, that the IRS accepted your e-filed return. Without it, should the IRS claim you did not file a return, you lose the argument. If it's not in writing, it did not occur.

Once you have that e-mail indicated the IRS has ACCEPTED your return, TurboTax has fulfilled the obligation you paid them for, and TurboTax is no longer in this equation anymore.

Just because the IRS has accepted your e-filed return, does not mean they agree with it. It can take 4 weeks or longer for them to process it. To follow the processing, you can do that at https://www.irs.gov/refunds  It will take 48-72 hours after the IRS has accepted your e-filed return, before it will show up on that IRS website.

REASONS YOU MAY NOT GET THE CONFIRMATION E-MAILS

-          You did not click the TRANSMIT MY RETURNS NOW button and/or did not *F*I*N*I*S*H* working through the program after you did click it.

-          The e-mail address you provided is wrong

-          The email was moved to your junk, trash or spam folder by your email program, or depending on how things are set up on your end, the email was deleted entirely.

-          Your e-mail provider marked the e-mail as spam and moved it to your *ONLINE* junk, trash or spam folder, or just deleted the email entirely with no notification to you. That’s your provider’s fault. Not yours or TurboTax’s fault.

-          You deleted the email without reading it, mistaking it for spam from TurboTax.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If the bars are gone on WMR with tax topic 152 am I under reviewTopic 152 is just a generic code that means your tax return is still being processed by the IRS. When they are finished, your status will change to approved and an estimated direct deposit date will populate on "Where's My Refund".

Please click this IRS link to learn more. https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

dkw4487

Do you have any updates? Mine is saying the same thing and I have no real resources. 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few hours to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

You can check your e-file status by following the instructions below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

Since the day after I filed, I have been able to see my refund status. As of tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since the IRS accepted my refund filed through JH. I have been able to check my refund statis everyday and it's still processing. But today it says my information does not match their records. It is absolutely the same information I've been using every day. 

I'm a little eager I have twins who have a milestone birthday coming up. 

Again ... as the return works it's way thru the different departments for checking your information may not be available ... check only once a day as multiple attempts in one 24 hour period can get you locked out for a day. 

Hi! Same thing! I filed sat and same day itvwas accepted. I checked last night and today it says information doesn't match information

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see answer above posted by HeatherPLO

My Tax return was accepted it showed to check Mid-February and now it say I am entering the incorrect information but if I call still say path act check mid-femid-February 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

If you see the message You may not have entered your information correctly, select the Re-Enter button to try again. In particular, make sure you enter your exact federal refund dollar amount, social security number and filing status

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund ...

I swear i need to make a log of the irs process each year. I believe this has happened the past few years. Its downright annoying as hell. But i hsve it again. Then it just says no info can be given at this time. Its some sort of bug and prob change after the 15th sometime. I believe wmr is straight garbage

Maxi

I was also getting that error message until I noticed the mistake I made was on my filing status I was choosing single when I should have been choosing head of house hold. Once I entered head of household I was able to see my status.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies