Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did the IRS change DD to mailing a check after receiving a 4883C and verifying routing and checking (none of the 3 exceptions apply either)?

I spoke with the verification agent (didn't know). He sent me to accounts mgmt (didn't know). That agent tried to find a supervisor who will now call me back. Everyone says they can't change it, but who switched it from direct deposit to mailing a check in the first place? And why can't they change it when it is a mistake they made?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why did the IRS change DD to mailing a check after receiving a 4883C and verifying routing and checking (none of the 3 exceptions apply either)?

TurboTax receives no information from the IRS after you file your tax return, nor can TT intercede with the IRS on your behalf.  If the IRS itself cannot explain to you why they have switched you from direct deposit to a mailed check, there is nothing we can say to explain the change.   Watch your mailbox and open all mail even if it looks like junk mail.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank you for the response. While I know that TT doesn't receive any information afterward nor intercede, I'd hoped that someone had this happen to them. What I did learn from outside sources is that the IRS will not direct deposit a refund if the name on the return does not match the name on the bank account. I still have my married name on my bank accounts, but not on my 1040. What I do not understand is why none of the agents could or would tell me if this was indeed the reason. Not even the supervisors. So much for the IRS's big 2022-2026 Strategic Plan and its Mission and Values. Not! :(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies