turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did I have to go through linking to Mint to get my refund status?

I was asked to share my bank data with the Mint application with very little detail.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You can contact Mint Customer Support here if needed. For up to date refund status, check the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool on the IRS website. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You may have accidently logged in to Mint with your intuit log in. Please click here if would like your Mint account deleted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It didn't really work the way you instructed.  Here are the steps needed and it is still more complicated than they state.   Well it looks like I can't paste and jpg with the correct instructions.  Really bad idea to embed Mint into doing my taxes with Turbo Tax.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You can contact Mint Customer Support here if needed. For up to date refund status, check the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool on the IRS website. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a good workaround to the problem.  I will consider another tax preparation application next year.  Although I have used TurboTax for years, this is the first year I have been disappointed.  

This effort to force TurboTax customers to create accounts with Mint and KreditKarma are a HUGE violation of trust in a financial partner with massive financial details of us as users.  This is completely inappropriate and deceitful.  This all feels like a shameful scam by Intuit.  What are you guys thinking???

bhunterh

I am very upset with how Turbo Tax tricked me to give my banking info to Mint.  Then it was very difficult to get out of it once realized.  Convoluted way to it.  I had to reset all of my banking info because of it.  I have used Turbo Tax for as long as it has been around, but will be looking for a new software next year.  Terrible invasion of privacy and in a unethical way.  I am going to report them to the BBB.  There should be a class action suit shortly I am sure.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies