Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where’s my federal refund?

I e-filed my correct tax return on 1/24/22 with TurboTax. Accepted by government the same day. I chose direct deposit to receive my refund. I claimed the other half of the CTC that I’m entitled, which I know delayed things by a few weeks per the PATH Act. IRS website says most early filers who claimed CTC should have their refunds in their bank account by today, March 1st. I was an early filer with CTC so I fall in this category. Yet, my taxes still just say “processing”. Also, the IRS has said on its site that by February 19th, the WMR tool should be updated with a anticipated refund date for those of whom fall in this category. Again, mine says nothing but still processing. Taxes were accurate, no typos, no issues with anything. So I’m confused why 1. The WMR tool hasn’t updated as they said it would with an anticipated refund date 2. Why it’s March 1st and I still do not have my refund as they say most early filers who claimed CTC should. Today is 36 days ago that I filed and return was accepted. So is this the new normal I can anticipate with the IRS every year? Why does it say on one line early filers with CTC should HAVE their refund in their account on March 1st and you scroll down and it says even if you were an early filer with CTC it could take anywhere from 90-120 days? I am so beyond frustrated at this point!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

The IRS, their website and their press releases have my head twisted into a pretzel of confusion. If anyone can answer me, give me insight - whatever, I’d greatly appreciate it!

581E575D-FA11-4937-873A-1F214CCAC3A9.png

362D2E24-B022-49C3-BE6D-86D8689CB201.jpeg

3BB8F9E4-019E-4E83-B571-9AEF669EDD31.jpeg

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@rmayfield85

There are a few explanations of a delay.  There could be a refund offset or it could be due to the PATH Act.  For more information on this, please see the Help Article here for further assistance.  Please note, once your refund is transmitted to the IRS, you are now on the IRS' timeline and they would have to provide specific information on delays or other factors.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies