Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where’s my federal refund?

So when I went to the IRS and they said to check with the software company because they don’t see the filing that’s not correct they really do have it? 
just frustrated as I’m sure many are, I don’t mind paying AS LONG AS my taxes were electric filed and refund is still coming at some point.

thank you for replying 

Agreed, same here. Total BS. If I have to wait then so should they. I didn't see any disclosure saying they will charge you after 30, 60,..etc days if your return is not received! Thats the whole **bleep** purpose. I will not be using them again. Might see a class action in their future honestly with screwing ppl out of money they can't spare and incurring possible overdraft fees. WAY TO GO ZERO.

@SweetieJean You must already received your tax return as well as work for turbo tax  or the irs. Just set tight. I've been setting tight for 90 days. I didn't ask them to amend my return. I Know I'm not gonna get a big enough difference in my return, if any, for this uncalled for delay. Who changes tax law in the Middle of everyone filing taxes?!

@DoninGA Thats exactly what I said and was thinking also. There is going to be a class action lawsuit. Sneeze. Makes you wanna get paid under the table and screw the irs also. Not like they really do what they are supposed to with our money anyways. Goes to pay lobbyist and them "Good Ol Boys" scratching each others back. 

I am sorry that you feel that way cause there is a cause in the contact you agreed to. So guess good luck if you choose to sue.  We have been waiting since Feb. 11th, when IRS received our taxes. 21 days later was March 4th. This is the first time in over 20 years this has ever happened. You got to BLAME BIDEN for changing the law after people that filed in Feb. 

People you got to understand that the IRS is going to tell you anything. I was told that they are checking our income over what they have there. I know others have been told other things. They are coving their backs and making up excuses after excuses. I suggest you go onto your account in turbo and check the date that IRS received your tax form. It will give the date turbo sent it and the date IRS received it. People are angry but angry at the wrong people. Once you file and irs accepts it then turbo can't do anything. Those that paid a higher price turbo should help those.

you can get a group that is available to help you with your problem. It's listed on the irs site.

I just don't get it people that wants to vent but won't read their contact that they signed with turbo. They did a job for us and just cause irs is the cause of us not getting us our refund doesn't mean that turbo shouldn't get paid.  PEOPLE READ.  They are entitled to get paid. READ cause they are willing to work with those that may have a hardship. GEEEEEEEE 

[phone number removed]

Let me know if they are able to help you

Great info...but no resolution...still a "thumbs up".

I did NOT  say I have a problem paying BUT... when I went to the IRS website to see where my refund was, it says “ they do not see it was filed, and to contact the software company I used” THAT IS a PROBLEM... Even though the first of March I received an email from Turbo Tax stating the IRS has received it. How am I to know 100% that the IRS received my electronic filing from Turbo tax when they say to contact them.??? Yes this is a strange year, but the accountant my family members all use & until this year used, all filed electronically around the same time received their refunds within 2 to 3 weeks?? 

There is many of us out there that are going though the same thing. On your turbo tax site you can go to your account and it should be a date where it got sent to IRS and when to expect your refund. I don't think I would trust the IRS to speak the truth right now. According to them they are checking our income to what they have there. They are working from home and etc and etc.  Yet they can get the stimulus checks and soon to be child credit checks out but can't get our refund done? There should be a phone number in order to call turbo also. 

I have a sister in law that filed in April and has received her refund also. I don't know what they are doing or how they are sending out refunds. This is why I think it has to do with whom you support pollical.

Yea  sorry but so many are going though it and people are getting angry. They need to be angry at the right place. Turbo is willing to work with you if you have a hardship. I know when we are owed money the irs isn't in a hurry to fix it. But if you owe money to the irs they are right on your ass to pay or else.

I did look on the Turbo Tax and it only shows when I submitted and that the IRS received it, it doesn’t say when to expect it, I’m ok with waiting for it but just wanted to make sure they received it. It’s such a messy year and a half. Hopefully things will get caught up soon. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies