turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will I get my stimulus check

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No one knows the exact date you will receive your stimulus check.  

Stimulus checks will begin to arrive next week

The IRS said the first checks for those who have direct deposit set up with the IRS will start to go out the week of April 13

The stimulus money will arrive either in your bank account if you set up direct deposit with the IRS for past refunds during tax season, or in the mail with your registered address. 

If you would like to set up direct deposit to receive your payment directly to your bank account, the IRS said it expects to have an online tool you can use to set up and track electronic payments by April 17. 

While we know when to expect the first checks, we don't know how long it will take for the IRS to process a check for every entitled taxpayer, of which there could be more than a hundred million. 

View solution in original post

@Jeremy4978   

Millions of Americans were slated to receive $1200 payments or more from the government this week but many are reporting they received the wrong amount, or that they never received any payment at all, problems the U.S. Treasury says are a result of technical issues that will be ironed out soon.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said that many Americans who had given their direct deposit information over to the Internal Revenue Service in their 2018 or 2019 tax returns could expect to receive the stimulus payments deposited directly into their bank accounts this week.

Instead, glitches are preventing many Americans, especially those who use tax preparers, parents of dependent children, and people with 2019 returns, from seeing the money deposited into their bank account.

Officials at the I.R.S. and Treasury say that they are aware of the problems and are working to fix them; so far, the I.R.S. has processed almost 80 million stimulus check payments.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

No one knows the exact date you will receive your stimulus check.  

Stimulus checks will begin to arrive next week

The IRS said the first checks for those who have direct deposit set up with the IRS will start to go out the week of April 13

The stimulus money will arrive either in your bank account if you set up direct deposit with the IRS for past refunds during tax season, or in the mail with your registered address. 

If you would like to set up direct deposit to receive your payment directly to your bank account, the IRS said it expects to have an online tool you can use to set up and track electronic payments by April 17. 

While we know when to expect the first checks, we don't know how long it will take for the IRS to process a check for every entitled taxpayer, of which there could be more than a hundred million. 

How can i find out if mines is pending

Jeremy4978
Returning Member

My stimulus check has not come yet need answers

@Jeremy4978   

Millions of Americans were slated to receive $1200 payments or more from the government this week but many are reporting they received the wrong amount, or that they never received any payment at all, problems the U.S. Treasury says are a result of technical issues that will be ironed out soon.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said that many Americans who had given their direct deposit information over to the Internal Revenue Service in their 2018 or 2019 tax returns could expect to receive the stimulus payments deposited directly into their bank accounts this week.

Instead, glitches are preventing many Americans, especially those who use tax preparers, parents of dependent children, and people with 2019 returns, from seeing the money deposited into their bank account.

Officials at the I.R.S. and Treasury say that they are aware of the problems and are working to fix them; so far, the I.R.S. has processed almost 80 million stimulus check payments.

I have received my state tax money so do it mean that i will get my stimulus money on the same card...

Devon56

I filed my taxs through turbotax, and now I'm currently wondering when I will receive my stimulus check. 

They told me put my bank information and AIG amount from 2018 taxes and I did and now it’s states it don’t match? What do that mean I have never receive anything different from IRS saying anything different? How do I correct this? 

I don't qualify for unemployment benefits because I was laid off due to no fault of mine. However I'm eligible for CARES AND PUA benefits. Please advise me if the IRS has all my information so I may receive my benefits. Thank you. Deana [email address removed]

When will I get my refund check

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax does not get any information about refund status. You must check the status yourself using the IRS refund tracking web site: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I know that tax returns aren't being processed because there aren't enough people to process them,but that shouldn't hold up the stimulus! They should go by 2018 tax return like they did with my stepdaughter. If alot of people got there checks starting the 15th of April then where are the rest? And SSI SSDI and all the rest of those,some have gotten the direct deposit,some got them paper check! Well where's my husband's? Still waiting & they said today for most of those I listed. I wouldn't doubt if they run out of money,since they've sent checks to people that shouldn't be getting them,and some who are deceased! It's just sad.. What about the rest of us 🤷🤷

To those that didn't qualify for unemployment benefits before they are allowing now if you were played off,Not fired. You should be able to collect.. I would at least try!

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Use the links below to check your family's stimulus payment(s).  And yes, you should be able to file for and qualify for state and federal unemployment.  You file for both through your state's unemployment office or online.  

Check on the status of your Economic Impact Payment

This application will let you:

• Get your payment status
  • See your payment type
  • Provide your bank account information (in certain cases)

@Nanny2five

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jcrow1025
Returning Member

when will I get my stimulus check

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies