Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

camiloriv

I missed a digit on my bank account number, so I have not received my deposit. What will the IRS do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I missed a digit on my bank account number, so I have not received my deposit. What will the IRS do?

When the bank refuses your tax refund direct deposit because of the incorrect account number, it is returned back to the IRS.  The IRS will then send a refund check in the mail to the address shown on your federal tax return.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

When the bank refuses your tax refund direct deposit because of the incorrect account number, it is returned back to the IRS.  The IRS will then send a refund check in the mail to the address shown on your federal tax return.

sw33ti364

How long would it take to receive the paper check?

Yeah same here.How will I know when it's sent back to the its n sent to me in paper check n how long will that take.My cars broke down n need to fix it to work.can't get answers
kulick321
Returning Member

What about the state refund? Do they also generate a paper check?

@kulick321 wrote:

What about the state refund? Do they also generate a paper check?

Yes

kulick321
Returning Member

thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies