turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I open TurboTax, all my past years are gone! The app wants me to start filing for this year, and has detials of the last, but no access to the old returns. Where are my past tax returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

When I open TurboTax, all my past years are gone! The app wants me to start filing for this year, and has detials of the last, but no access to the old returns. Where are my past tax returns?

You  may have inadvertently created another TurboTax account. To find out how many accounts are linked to your email address, please see How many TurboTax accounts do I have?. If you still have trouble locating your account, please reach out to Customer Support for assistance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like my issue was a case of bad design in the iPad app.  Users have to sit through an animated scene of their past info appearing, geared towards starting the current year.  Once a user waits the 15 seconds or so for the animation to end, a continue button appears.

Tapping continue then goes to a screen to buy a turbo tax product for this year. Scrolling 2 screens down finally reveals a “Your tax returns & documents”, requiring one more tap to access.

A proper design would ask users on a non animated landing page what their intent was, access old documents or start taxes for the current year. And adding a link to past documents to the menu that can be opened via the 3 bars icon. The current design seems to be geared towards tricking users into paying for the current year to then open access to past years, which is sadly not a surprise for a company that lobbies Congress to keep tax filing complicated.

To the application designers and higher ups at Intuit: Do better for a change, especially in a time of a global crisis.

To the customer support rep: thank you for trying to assist, and hope you have a good weekend. I hope that the product team takes this feedback to heart to help make your job easier.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies