turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I open a 2018 Turbo Tax Individual 1040 tax return I prepared earlier, my 2018 Turbo Tax Business program opens and a Error 190 window comes up. How do I correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

When I open a 2018 Turbo Tax Individual 1040 tax return I prepared earlier, my 2018 Turbo Tax Business program opens and a Error 190 window comes up. How do I correct?

If you have both TurboTax Business and a TurboTax personal income tax preparation program installed on your computer, open .tax2018 files after starting the program (i.e., open the file from within the program rather than clicking on the .tax2018 file itself).

TJ6002

I have done this and still am receiving the error. All other 2018 files are appearing om the menu, this one was prepared earlier and the program is not recognizing the return exists. The return is on my desktop.

How can I correct the error and open the tax return to amend as it printed out incorrectly from the start. I thought the program was right, it was not.

HOW

Do not open the return from the menu tiles ... click on the FILE tab in the upper left corner then search for the correct tax file if the program is trying to open the wrong one. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies