turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

So i just got my 2nd IRS letter today with a 60 day notice dayed from March 15th. Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since i talked to my advocate.. praying i get my refund released sooooooooooooon

Yea my advocate told me it could take up to 2 to 3 weeks. Have u checked ur wmr. It might have a date on it. Mine is gonna follow back up w me on the 9th of April.

Yeah my letter from my advocate said he would reach back out to me by April 1st if nothing was resolved by then. I was claiming hardship because im on unpaid Maternity leave. So itd be nice if IRS would release this already

So I talked to a human when I called the tax advocate number and she gave me a code and told me to call this other number and I was literally on hold for 2 1/2 hours and I realize that they probably aren’t open and I’m going to have to call back tomorrow morning and start this all over again

Hello All!!!
I also heard from my TA today and she gave me the run down and it was similar to what the intake told me just a bit more detailed. I need to amend and fax back to her as soon as possible but it will take 3 weeks after she gets it to the irs department. Hopefully sooner but she made it clear it wouldn’t be but I can’t wait for all this to be over!! Just some advice from you to you all, don’t ever use your last check stub when filing!!!!! Lesson learned for me.

I had to amend mine, but she didn’t give me an option to fax back...

Did she happen to give you her direct line so you can get her fax because mailing it in will take so much longer

I hope everyone who talked to a tax advocate got their direct line and fax number otherwise it’s gonna take forever. When I talked to my TA this morning she gave me her fax and direct line. I already went to my old company and had them write a letter and fax it right their stating I worked for them and what my wages were before and after the corrected w2. As she told me to have them put it in their. But she did say it would take 3 weeks to get my money. And she was gonna call me by 4/9 to see if I have gotten my date or money. So anyone who has sent their stuff in by fax to their TA we should get an update either later this week or next week with a date.

I didn’t get a fax number...smh so I guess it’s gonna take forever

Call ur TA tomorrow and ask for a fax number @Mrsmontague

Well just an small update. My TA called me first thing this morning to tell me she faxed over my letter from my employer yesterday and now we’re just waiting for irs now. Very soon

Hope everyone else’s is getting good news

Still no updates or news on my taxes!😭

Absolutely nothing on my end either. Tried to call a tax advocate and they aren't taking calls apparently. Message told me to call another day. I've been living I'm my car but it got repossessed today so I'm officially homeless. I dont think I've ever been so depressed. I wish I could just go to sleep and not wake up.

Instead of lady having me on hold again and getting kicked off for the second time, she told me that she put in a referral to a TA and she/he will call me back in couple days. So fingers crossed for me . Thanks @Monty for all the advice and direction
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies