Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

When you file because I don't believe if ppl filed way earlier getting all ddd tommorow if they file way earlieror later

Now when she file ?

Good morning everyone. Mine haven’t changed. I’m in the process of going to fax this info they need. But I know from what my best friend going through her status says “still processing and she’s also waiting on a date” she called yesterday and they told her theirs nothing wrong but she’s under a 45 day review. Which is stupid. So if nothing is wrong why the hell do y’all need to review my taxes to prolong my refund. She filed at the beginning of February

This tax season is just stupid if you ask me. They found a reason to keep people taxes for absolutely no reason. Someone the other day said they know a few people who made fake returns that already got their returns

I filed Jan 27th

I was also told that my 45 day review would start March 4th but I have not recieved a letter yet and wmr message changed from being delayed to accepted and being processed 03/01. I had delay message for a month straight.

I filed January 28th and had the accepted and still processing for a week. Then it changed to delayed with the 1541 code for a month then as of the March 1st it went back to processing. And then when I called they said I was in a 45day review cause my w2 from an employer has not showed up. And that their is a letter sent out on the 21st of feb that I still have not seen. So I’m guessing it was supposed to say March 4 like everyone else. Then when I call all they say is ur under the 45 day review and nothing is needed on ur end. But every time I call I find out something new like I have a 200 dollar offset now for child support from when’re company I worked for shutdown and didn’t tell anyone and didn’t pay my child support or give last check. So I’m fine with that. Then I was told I owed irs from 2011 taxes of 13.26 cents from when I owed money and made pymnt arrangements with them cause I owed a grand and they took pymnts every month but didn’t take their 13 bucks so he did an abatement and got me 500 bucks back from interest and penalty’s. Which I’m still reluctant on. So I’m like is it really a review or audit now. I just want my money that is owed to me and stop dicking us all around and give us what we r owed. This is crap. And a tax advocate don’t really do **bleep** but give u grief now. So I’m just gonna sit and wait till after tomorrow and if theirs no iodate then I will call again and see what I need to do cause their is no reason for this so called bull**bleep** review

So I just got off of the phone with an irs agent and she said a letter was mailed out to me March 6th but there is no copy of the letter in the system so she couldn’t tell me if they are requesting additional info or no action needed but I am still under a 45 day review and basically have to wait for the letter in the mail. I’m so upset!! I praying for everyone to have an update tomorrow morning 🙏🏼

What number did u call @Ash1729 and ext. sounds like a load of bull crap

She is lying. They have to have a copy of that letter in system for their records. They can not just send out a letter and say we don’t have a copy of it. They just didn’t want to tell u and have u ask questions. I swear they will do anything to get us off the phone. I’m on hold now waiting. So we will see what they tell me this time. Since last time they told me a letter was sent on the 21st

Monty I called the number you gave me the other day and I believe I hit 5 and I was connecting to someone pretty quick. I specifically asked her what letter did they send out and if any action was needed and she said it didn’t state what the letter said she was only able to tell me a letter was sent out March 6th and to follow any instructions the letter says.

Yea I’m still on hold waiting to talk to someone. Will update as soon as I hear

Thank you

Ok I just got off the phone with them and she said that my letter isn’t even going out till the 11th. I asked why the eleventh when I was told the 21st. She said idk who told u that or why but it’s in the system as going out in the 11th and 45 days from their. So until april 25th if I don’t have it by then to call. I was like ok why am I being lied to and no response except sorry idk who talked to but it’s on ur transcript the date it is going out. Says notice issued. I said ok can u tell me what that letter says ? She said yes. She stated that it says they are holding my refund do to they need to verify my tax withholding and wages cause they either didn’t get it or didn’t put it in the system yet. And that their is nothing I can do on my end but wait. If they can’t verify soon they will send a letter to the employer asking for those wages. I said so pretty much **bleep** me and u will get it when we’re good and ready to do ur job and give us our money cause ur all idiots and hung up

She also said check wmr everyday cause even though u might be just once a week that it can update for I in the middle of the week to.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies