turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Yeah, well I appreciate that but I'm gonna stick with what I've seen with my own eyes today on paper filed on my employers behalf by me. Not what a rep from either organization tells me over the phone because clearly they give everyone different info. Thanks though!

Something ain’t right now cause also when I talked to management department at the irs and was trying to figure out ssa she said it looks like now someone is requestiing and offset for my federal return and she couldn’t tell me who but gave me a number and when I called an put in my ssn it says no one is requesting anything

Monty something isn’t right! Allow it tonight and Saturday. Do you have the offset code on your wmr?

Wmr is short for where’s my refund correct ? An no their is no code on that site just says has been accepted and is processing @Ss4911

What is the code for an offset ?

Yes the wmr is where’s my refund. And some people is getting the offset codes

Yea I got nothing on their and even when I called the place they say their is no record

How did they know it was an aduit

Yeah it’s different on ssa because it’s just the social security tax that was taken out from 2018

So after sitting on the phone all day yesterday trying to get answers I found this out. That on ur transcript where it says cycle theirs a number under it. And it end with 01-04 ur stuff updates everyday. Now if it ends with 05 or higher it only updates once a week and that update is Saturday morning. This is for people that didn’t know that as well as I didn’t know. I did find out what my offset was by calling the number that the irs had me call. I owe a measley 200 bucks to child support that I forgot to catch up on when I got laid off for a month so no biggie. So for people expecting an update this morning and didn’t get it don’t get upset or down. Check ur transcript. If u have a 05 on the last 2 numbers of ur cycle number then u won’t see anything till Saturday. Hope this helps

Monty good morning.
I also did not get an update this morning and it kind of makes sense because I just realized after reading you comment that my last two updates have been Friday nights/Saturday morning. I hope this is true. I am unable to see my transcripts online because I don’t have credit cards or loans and I just requested them by mail so I won’t receive them until about a week or two from now.

Morning ash1729 unfortunately it is true. I asked about it last night and the irs management rep told me about this. I also found out that people with large amounts coming back have hit their radar for an audit. Only certain people though that got tagged

What do you mean by people that have large amounts coming back have hit their radar for an audit??

I was told that the whole 45 day review was just something they are using to justify audit ur tax returns. She wasn’t supposed to tell me but felt bad. She said what happened is they randomly selected people with larger refunds and did a so called audit to make sure we ain’t scamming them. She told me they looked back at my 2011 return and showed that I owed a whole 13 bucks. I was like really for what. She said u owed 300 bucks but for some reason they didn’t take all of out of my 2012 returns. So she did an abatement on cause obviously they charged me interest and penalty for for way back then and she got me 500.80 more back that I will get back in 2week on a paper check. I asked is their anything else and she said no u are all clear and should let worry about anything and that all my other stuff has passed and now just waiting for a date

I wouldn’t worry to much ash. It was prolly just mine but she said regardless the irs is just double checking everyone’s stuff due to people trying to scam them. They are just being extra careful from what she told me. That’s why it’s taking longer
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies