Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Ash- just go on Google and lookup IRS hardship form. It will tell u how to get in contact with someone and they will help u get ur taxes back faster if u have money problems. They told me I was under the 45 day review also and I called the hardship thing and they got someone to call me and I talked to them yesterday and they actually gave me answers and they told me they are going to get the IRS to release my sounds. They said it can take at the most 2 or 3 weeks to get my return but that's way better then the 45.

See they told me mine was on hold at first and going through a review only because they don’t have my employers w2 to verify my wages. I was like yea ok like I’m gonna lie and say I made this much money.

Go to irs.gov and click on tax record. U will have to make a username and password

They told me the same about a letter lots of people were getting on March 4 and no further response needed it's just a formal letter

Good morning, I haven’t received and update. Just waiting for my TA to call me now

That 45 day review doesn’t mean it will take that long. It can take up to that long.

Yes I know, but instead of it being up to 45 days my taxes are gonna be here no later than 14 to 21 days

We’re they able to guarantee u it would be their in that time

@Ash1729 that is my same exact predicament. My sons birthday is the 16th &I am just trying to figure out what I need to do. You know? This is frustrating. Then I have these people who already got theirs back saying "You will get it when you get it" Okay, easy for you to say! You got yours! Ughhh! 

Hey guys. I have received my DDD as some of you may know. I’m just wondering about the codes you guys stated would be on your transcripts. I received mine for the past 3 years and I saw no codes on them. I did notice however that my refund amount was not the same as listed on TT for this year. I’m glad it’s not a big chunk but I definitely can see the difference. I wanna encourage everyone still waiting because I know what it feels like. My sons birthday is tomorrow and that’s the date I got for it to be sent to my bank account but of course it takes time to process. So I’m still waiting like you guys. I’ll be more happy when it touches my hand lol. Blessings to all of you. Stay encouraged because it is on the way.

@queentaurus1015. What do u mean they took a chunk? Did u owe money to irs or for a school debt ? Those r the only 2 people I know that can take ur return

They didn't say the word garuntee but I asked how long and she said no later then 2 or 3 weeks

Gotcha thanks for the info smihalyo

They took like $600. I don’t owe anything so idk why. Not even gonna battle over that money. I’ll just be happy when it touches my hands.

I completely understand on that but to take much without saying why is weird like their looking to take taxes from people but glad ur getting urs
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies