turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

No they didn’t tell me that. When I called all the representative told me is that they were gonna send me a letter. The letter is supposed to come today.

I was told that I was under review bc of my
Wages not being reported from my employer. It looks like i might have to wait the 45 days. I just wish it was a better process. I need my money like everyone else trying to get a new car but can’t becsuse the funds on hold and what makes me madder is that in order to get your funds release you due to hardship, you have to prove you are having a hardship for your money. The government found a way to get us this year.

@Ss4911 I was told the same thing. But I don’t think it’s gonna take the 45 days. I believe we will have it within the next week or 2. We will prolly get an update this week with a release. I still haven’t received my letter form them. They said they sent it on the 21st. But I do know our mail runs slow here but it’s been 9days. I think they need to just input our stuff from our employer cause our stuff got put at the bottom of the pile. The irs is behind on their mail and an ex employers tax rep told me this on the phone. If I don’t get an update within the next week coming up I will b calling them again. Cause I know for a fact they got it cause my employers showed me certified documentation showing it was delivered.

Trust me I need this money prolly as much as u do and this is the first time this has ever happened to me since filing when I was 17. They r just being slow and doing a hardship is a pain and actually slows down stuff and makes it more of a hassle to get ur money then it is to wait and get ur refund. I’m sure we will get an update this week saying our stuff is being released on the 11th

I also found out after talking to a tax person they doing a hardship is like filing. U have to fill out stuff and get deep into ur personal stuff with them they still have like so many days to review it before they approve u or deny you.

A hardship is for people owing taxes but you can explain what financial problems your facing and they will follow the same procedures as a hardship (minus the paperwork) and I t’s called a EXPEDITED REFUND. Google it and it’ll provide information about what makes you eligible. Be very specific with your words when asking information.

PER GOOGLE
Request an expedited refund by calling the IRS at [phone number removed] (TTY/TDD [phone number removed]). Explain your hardship situation; and request a manual refund expedited to you.

My status updated two days after doing so and I was told they would contact me within 4 to 5 business days. ( & yes I was told prior that it was under a 45 day review)

It's not just for owong. I don't owe. I'm receiving and I was approved

When did you order you transcript by mail?

If you don’t owe them then yes ask about a expedited refund not a hardship. It’s basically the same but different wording. The only difference is whether your receiving a refund or owe.

Way they did for me they called it a hardship program. I didn't even know wat it was until the IRS lady told me

Hey guys, did anyone change today or does it still say processing? I’m hoping for a refund date tomorrow or tonight at midnight

No change for me yet. I'm assuming I'll get updated Wednesday with the refund hitting on the 8th, as that will be 21 days from Feb 15th.

No update till tonight. Irs don’t work sundays. But if u do get a date it will prolly be set for the 11th. Talk to a friend at H&R Block and the cut off for an 8th deposit was last week and to get a deposit for the 11th is the 6th of March.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies