turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year 2020: What is the status of my stimulus payment

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieC14
Expert Alumni

To find out the status of your stimulus payment, you can check the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. 

If your second stimulus payment was sent by the IRS to a temporary account that is closed or is no longer active in error, TurboTax is happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for customers affected by this IRS error. We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers affected by this will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way. We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers. 

For further information, please see the following links: 

Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Get Your Second Stimulus Check | TurboTax® Official Guide (intuit.com) 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Oj23liyah

my account is not closed and i havent gotten my payment yet. i called the bank and they dont see the payment even been sent to them.

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

If you pay your fees upfront, then you deal directly with the IRS.

If you choose to have fees taken from your refund, your money goes through a bank. All tax companies must do this. There was a problem for all in dealing with this third party. It is now resolved and deposits began January 8 for those customers.  The process should be completed by January 15.

If however, you still have not received your stimulus by January 25, you can claim it on your tax return. The IRS begins accepting returns January 25.

Please see: Is My Second Stimulus Check on the way?

@Oj23liyah

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies