Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

So it corrected your refund amount to a lesser amount ? That must be why it’s taking longer . At least you didn’t need to redo your taxes again . I figure mine will be much less also then since I claimed a child credit deduction for my new minor stepchild that lives with us now . 

jbourke54

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

That's awesome!! I'll just keep checking for ours. 🙂 

hey, if you don't mind can you share when you filed and when it first got accepted, just for me to get a rough timeline. 

VZ13
Level 5

I advice everyone to register for access to your tax account. On Thurs, i checked my tax record and i saw no changes. On Fri, i decided to login and see if it had been worked on. My tax record had a deposit date of 3.31.2021. Right away i checked my refund status and still stated it was processing. Sat, woke up and checked irs.gov and it had been updated. I really believe getting access to your taxes will help alleviate the stress of wanting details on our taxes. If theres a hold bcuz of an offset, you will be able to see the tax code. 

Its better than calling irs and still have no answers. 

I am in the same boat...Turbo tax stated that the IRS would not even accept the taxes until Feb 12th.  Mine states accepted the 12th and still no refund...it has been over 21 days and the IRS line states to busy to answer call later.  Seems to me that there might be a miscommunication on Turbo tax side if this is happening to so many people.  My daughter did her own taxes and was refunded in 2 weeks.

How do you do this 

Where in your IRS account did you see this info ?

VZ13
Level 5

@Onerose143 

My taxes were accepted 2.12, around the last wk of Feb., i got access to my tax record through irs.gov. i logged in and noticed my 2020 tax record was not available. Which means my taxes were not even looked into yet. My WMR had also changed. No bars were available and it stated my taxes were still being processed. March 6, i logged in and i saw my taxes for 2020 were available and the message that 2020 were not available disappeared. I started looking at dates, tran codes, started researching the meaning of the codes and cycles. I was able to pin point when my taxes were looked at, which was in March. I saw no holds, so i called irs twice and never got any new info. I checked daily till a week before my deposit date appeared which was on Fri through irs.gov, my account link.

Do you call the local irs office? The 800 number does not work, I tried to make a account on the  irs site to check  my stuff, like everyone suggests, bit it says account cannot be found. 

I got a letter from the irs Saturday about my state taxes, but no deposit date, so I know my address is in the system.  

It's frustrating,  always a dean end road . 

VZ13
Level 5

@WilliamPS 

Go to irs.gov

Click on my account or view tax records 

Login, if you already have login & psswrd

Once you log in scroll towards the bottom. There will be a hyperlink that states tax record, click on that.

Tou will get a drop down box. I always select the last option, other. Then continue.

Next tou will see four options, click on 2020 tax record. That should download your record. 

Once you see the record pay attention to the tran codes. You will find all the info you need online. Trust me, i did. I dont work for the irs. But i should lol

VZ13
Level 5

@Felischap 

Youll need to create your tax account. Do you file taxes, previously? 

@VZ13 when I do this it's saying, no account found. It won't let me create one, because it says no records found

But I got a letter from the irs Saturday about my state taxes, so they have my info . 

@VZ13 yes through turbotax on February  12, 2021

VZ13
Level 5

@Felischap did you file taxes last yr?

@Felischap call the irs. 1.8.0.0.8

2.9.1.0.4.0, English as language. Then options 2, 1, 3, 2 DO NOT ENTER YOUR SOCIAL. IT WILL ASK TWICE. Then, 2, and finally 4 (it was 3,but the irs made updates a few wks ago on the ivr phone system). If they aint swapped it will welcome you, kinda of, lol, thats how i saw it. Or it will hang up and state they are busy (i never had that issue, i called on mondays and fridays, lol). My tax account will now be my main resource. 

Manichols

It has been 6 weeks since I filed our taxes. How long does it usually take? I e-filed and everything.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies