Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I would talk to a tax professional you should get a stimulus even though you didn't file 

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I had to file my 2018 taxes this year. I mailed it in and it was finally accepted almost a month later,  then all of a sudden it went from accepted to still being processed sho I have no idea what that mean

On my reply Jamcap I did put the number for the only way I know of as to how to get through to speak with a human, but TurboTax removed it.  Apparently we cannot share phone numbers on this site.  Do this...look up the number you would have to call if you owe money to the IRS for taxes.  I find it a bit ironic that the only number they will answer is the number people call to set up payment arrangements...everyone wants/needs money! Press #1 for English.  Do not press any other button after that!!  Be prepared to hold, but you will eventually get to speak with someone who works for the IRS.  I had to wait less than 5 minutes the first time I finally got through, but I also had to wait an hour & a half once as well.  I hope this helps you.  Hopefully TurboTax won't edit this post.  Good Luck!!

I haven't receive a stimulus check and when I try to call IRS I dont  know if u have to get get a refund on federal or wat

I didn't I don't know their number and it wouldn't do me any good seems how they don't put phone numbers on this site I notice they block it out of everyone messages I would just look up IRS phone number or call a tax professional like Jackson Hewitt or H&R Block they can give you their number

6 weeks.  Or call the 1800 ## too i.r.s customer service. Don't trip I filed in Feb then got rejected then mailed them out. Found out fed never received my documents so now I had to amend my mistake descended my return on April 2 . Then got a email April 19th that my taxes were accessed meaning i.r.s r looking at them too see if I'm fraud then 6 weeks I will get my answer. Which is may 5 today. I haven't got anything yet. So now I got 2 be patient because I did it by mail.  But I did get stimulas. First. But I need$$ pay mortgage.  **bleep** turbo tax I'm never using them again

Lliw88

How can I verify myself if the IRS is closed, yet they sent me a letter? My W-2 was accepted on 3/6. And it still says being processed a date will be provided when available.

@Lliw88 wrote:

How can I verify myself if the IRS is closed, yet they sent me a letter? My W-2 was accepted on 3/6. And it still says being processed a date will be provided when available.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

I am still waiting on my Federal Returns. Everytime I go to customer service on turbotax it just referees me back to irs.gov .. How much longer do I need to wait. 

Lmuir8683

Whats the phone number u called? Having the same exact problem.  I received a 5071C letter and have been trying to verify my identity for months.  

jbartley72
Returning Member

Please post if you find out anything. I just found out that I supposedly owe $1200 to Federal IRS from back in 2014’ when I was divorced. But, aside from me giving my ex wife basically every dime I owed we paid that final year jointly. Since then I itemize and manage to get back a small amount yearly. I would just like to know if my refund will pay off that debt (that my ex was ordered to pay), or will I get the whole refund or are they moving so slow that we will be talking about this next year?

thoughts? Thank you 

I cant even enter my banking info on the get payment page because it says my wages are wrong plus theres a question asking if u received or do u owe money. So i cant put nothing because i already did my mass thru turbo tax but they didnt tell me my federal was rejected 3times. I went to HRblock because i filing married but separated so i had to send 2 papers in and it was 6 week before the virus so i am stuck no refund no stimulas so i am like whatever the government is a **bleep**ing mess 

I mailed in my taxes in March I still haven't heard anything when will I get my stimulus check

klpatti65

So the bank account has changed and I  have been unable to notify the IRS with the new account information for the stimulus.  As far as my income tax return is concerned,  well that got kicked back because intuit didn't ask for any of the health insurance paperwork that has to be sent with the return.  So no income tax return either until the review the paperwork I sent in just before this pandemic.  I  hope they don't try to send it to the closed account.  

It is really a mess nobody understands anything plus nobody knows NOTHING.....  I am so frustrated and disappointed with TT after all this years with them. No stimulus no refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies