Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

We apologize your return is delayed on wheres my refund as ststus

Did you get a letter? @Taxthequeen 

The path each return takes thru the IRS processing pipeline will not be the same for everyone.  Some have things on the return that must be review by humans, some things required additional review by computer and some are picked randomly every year for an audit.  So no matter then you filed or what the refund amount is you cannot go off of what other people's returns have done.  It is no longer done in a first in first out system any longer.    https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-time-guide-use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool-or-irs2go-app-to-check-tax...

Note the pipeline  is not one straight shot at all  ... the return  could be stopped several times along the way for extra processing of some kind for an undetermined amount of time ...  

https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/get-help/roadmap/

@Critter-3  Well it’s all a load of bs. All of us are just trying to get by on whatever our income is and the IRS wants to screw us over 

@Jerjer the letter I received was Letter 6475, which gave the Total 2021 Economic Impact Payment. 

@Taxthequeen Was that the one they sent to everyone? Or because of the 570 and 971 codes?

@Butterfly  it's the letter I received for the 570/971 code. After that, I received the 846 Refund code on Saturday.

Ok thank you. It says my notice will be sent on 3/14. I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thank you so much for walking me through what’s going on. Appreciate you

@Taxthequeen  shall see what happens I guess. Lady told me all of that information and I was just like wtf lady!!!

@Taxthequeen called the irs and got an update. My hold will be removed on 3/3. The 570 and 971 code was due to them reducing my return amount by $300. 

I filed my tax on 01-20 and was accepted the next day. So on Feb 8th I got that delay message. I thought it was nothing just it would take more time. I contacted the IRS and there was an issue but that issue was fixed actually on the 8-9th. It does take up to 8 weeks for them to approve the refund once the issue has been fixed. I am still on the delay message. Please contact IRS and see what is going on with your refund. 1 (877) 777-4778 Contact that number you will get through. 

They told me today the same thing. My notice will be sent out on 3/14 because they had to do a adjustment. 

I was just told I’d get a letter on the 14th and it’s being verified for accuracy. Would take 60 days from that date. Wasn’t told anything about an adjustment 

@Butterfly  see you have nothing to worry about!

Stephy209

I filed on 01/27/22. My return was approved and I received my state about three days after filing. Since then I had received the “We apologize your return is delayed” message. It’s now 02/28 and no refund and no change in the message. 

Same thing happen to me as well… I file on the 24th and was accepted on the 27 I been received my state and I been having the we apologize messages for 2 weeks now with the topic code 152 and n/a on my transcript it been a month now… I received a letter saying to verify my identity and I do on ID me…  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies