Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Verify my identity with

I know it's terrible! And the worst part of it all is the IRS knows how many people it is out here that haven't been able to not only recieve their tax checks but now cant even get the stimulus checks they are issuing to mostly everyone and after all this time the IRS still has not came up with not one solution for us!! Is it that hard to at least open up a phone number we can call that only handles verifying people's identity or why can't they give us the option to possibly fax or email them copies of whatever they need to verify whine are so we can get our tax checks....its so dam sad the person that stole my identity was able to get money from the IRS in MY NQME AND THAT WAS MY TAX MONEY BUT YET I CANT GET MY OWN TAX CHECK that i worked for!!

Verify my identity with

OMG, I’M NOT ALONE! 

I was seriously feeling so alone in this FRUSTRATING, HAIR-PULLING, SANITY-DEPLETING situation!!!! 

I am legitimately going through exactly what you all are suffering from and I just wanna say first that I am so sorry you are all experiencing this type of mistreatment.

I haven’t filed in several years. However, last year I got a job at Macy’s and made a good amount of income by the start of 2020. I got my W-2 and decided to get my taxes taken care of (I was ACTUALLY  kinda EXCITED, even, to do my taxes!! To me, it was GREAT working again - I missed it! I missed being able to be a responsible adult... like I used to be). 

Anyways, I filed my taxes in January and got the 507 whatever notice in the mail in late February. They said I had a month to respond. I tried calling the number(s). It rang and rang and rang and rang and rang and said they were too busy and hung up (or something like that but point is, I couldn’t get through). At some point they shut down the phone lines all together. Now I have no option to call. One of the first things I did was try to do it online. Well, you NEED a credit card, mortgage, student  loan, auto loan, — Blah blah blah except I have NONE OF THESE! If you can’t do it online they say to call. ... we already went over that .... (can’t call)  so the only other option is in person ....(not doing that either). Oh and they aren’t even accepting paper mail so anything mailed to them in the last couple months probably hasn’t even been opened and if it has they likely will take forever.

I've honestly come up with the conclusion that my MISTAKE...was freaking FILING TAXES & DOING WHAT I THOUGHT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO! Seriously, If I didn’t do that and just not filed any taxes (even though I had income), I WOULD HAVE THE $1200 STIMULUS MONEY RIGHT NOW!!!

... JUST LIKE MY UNEMPLOYED, NON-CONTRIBUTING DRUG ADDICTED SISTER  & MY 'HASN’T WORKED OR FILED TAXES IN 6 YEARS BUT STILL GOT HIS MONEY ON DAY 1' LITTLE BROTHER!! 

MY MISTAKE WAS DOING MY TAXES. BOTTOM LINE. Can you believe that?? I am so frustrated I could scream! This is NOT RIGHT!! 

Verify my identity with

I'm telling you guys we need to start some kind of , website or forum against IRS. I mean it's ridiculous that they just close and leave us all out in the cold. Then by the time they get back in the office and we actually get to prove our identity to them, it's probably going to be tax time again!!! Seriously.?? Someone has to wake up and see that we don't get our income tax,which means we don't get Stimulus check either. TOTAL BULL****.....

Verify my identity with

Yes I have try everything to verify my identity and can not get it to happen how do I do something and can I still get my stemless check I mean there got to be a better way 

Verify my identity with

FOR REAL! We have to figure out a way in which we can ALL be HEARD!! 

This is not fair, nor just. It’s direct violation of the “Taxpayer Bill of Rights” - which says we have the RIGHT TO:

• BE INFORMED
  • RECEIVE QUALITY SERVICE 
    RIGHT TO A FAIR AND JUST TAX SYSTEM 😒
  • CHALLENGE THE IRS’ POSITION & (get this!)
  • TO BE.....H-E-A-R-D!!!

Verify my identity with

The irs is nothing but a **bleep**ing joke take money from people that really need it and giving it to people that don’t but let me say this much and it may be took down but all u mother **bleep**ers up there at the irs building sitting behind a disk I hope u are enjoying my tax money and all the Checks that am supposed to be getting but I promise yal want **bleep** me out of it i mean I did everything I know to do and it’s not working so get to doing something about the people that has not got there money and quit sendin money out to everyone else we the people who hasn’t got a **bleep** dime from yal need our **bleep**ing money so with that being said have a good **bleep**ing day 

Verify my identity with

Sorry for the words this is to the irs not to anyone on here

Verify my identity with

Im having issues verifying my identity and I can't register for an account and live telephone assistance isn't available and then I called my area advate and was told I was going to have to continue to have wait until they come back to work there was nothing they could do to help me

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Verify my identity with

Refer to the following link for additional ways to work with the IRS during this time.

Identity theft verification

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Verify my identity with

@JotikaT2 That DOES NOTHING. We’ve all been on that site A MILLION EFFIN TIMES!! 

The ISSUE is that you NEED certain “numbers” out of accounts that DO NOT EXIST! “....your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, student loan, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan.”

So tell me, what happens if we have NONE of those?

Well, these are the instructions your “website“ there gives:

• “If you are unable to register for this online service, please contact us using the toll-free number listed on your 5071C or 5747C letter.“

ISSUE =  NO PHONE LINES ACTIVE 

• “If we are unable to verify your identity over the phone, we may ask you to schedule an appointment at your local IRS office to verify your identity in person.”

ISSUE = NO FACE TO FACE MEETINGS

Verify my identity with

Your not alone. I'm having the same issue. 

Verify my identity with

Same here. I have spent countless a number of hours searching and trying to verify online but bc my phone service is through Cricket It locks me out for 24 hours. 

Verify my identity with

Hello, I've been dealing with this problem as well. I need my AGI from 2018 to file my 2019 taxes and get my return done AND get my stimulus check.

My IRS online verification fails and its failed with Verizon wireless, Cricket & T mobile. ALL are in my name and my names on the caller ID and CNAM lookup tool. All of that is meaningless when it comes to the IRS validation process.

Verify my identity with

I have almost given up on the idea of ever receiving my tax refund ( my money owed to me ) 😠 or the stimulus money. I dont know what else I can do and honestly I'm tired of thinking about it. Sad I know. 

Verify my identity with

Don’t worry we’re all in the same boat. I’ve been denied unemployment and haven’t received anything still. I ain’t even been able to go to work. So I understand the giving in. They’re already talking about sending another stimulus and haven’t dealt with the ones who taxes are still processing. Again this goes to show the usefulness (or lack there of) of your local government To make sure your issues are met by the federal government. There’s nothing we can do but wait. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies