Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I didn't receive my full federal refund

No I  didn't 

I received $670 less than my  federal return said I would receive,  and I  never received a letter explaining why I  got less

@digem62 wrote:

I received $670 less than my  federal return said I would receive,  and I  never received a letter explaining why I  got less

In another comment, you said your refund amount was supposed to be $1910.   Look at your return and see if $1910 is the figure shown on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.   Don't go by any total refund amount that TurboTax may have given you which might include a state refund, if applicable.  If you're getting a state refund, it comes separately.

If it was the IRS that reduced your refund, then the IRS has been performing little correspondence the last few weeks.   And their live assistance call centers are closed.   When they reopen at some point, you'll be able to phone them for information.

Is there any message at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool, that might provide a clue?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

I didn't get my stimulus check yet

@Roland Hunt wrote:

I didn't get my stimulus check yet

Check on the status of your economic impact payment (stimulus) with the Get My Payment tool:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

FAQs about the Get My Payment tool:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#missing

Additional FAQs about a stimulus payment:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

Vianca1994c
Returning Member

neither did i after i filed they took 120 for Tax products even tho i choose free  file so i want my refund on this so called Tax product

my federsays refund daye of 3/5/2021 Well i didnt get nothing so fix ur **bleep** website or im calling corprate

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can review your Turbo Tax fees by clicking here

If you had your fees deducted from your refund, when the Where's My Refund website shows the direct deposit date, it will be sent to Santa Barbara Bank for the fees to be deducted. 

Once the refund has been issue to Santa Barbara, you can check the status of your refund by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My refund deposit is exactly $600 less than what my return shows in Turbotax ($2452). Did I receive a portion in advance? When I looked up my info on the 'Where's My Refund Tool' on the IRS website it shows that my refund is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available. Anyone having the same issue?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@Raybub1 Please take a look at the following FAQ: Refund less than expected.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you EbonyA. None of the scenarios apply to me as far as owing back taxes, student loans etc... Maybe the IRS made an adjustment to my returns? I was hoping it was an advance as the IRS website states that my return is still being processed. Thanks again.

Have you gotten a answer? Same thing happened to me 

No answers yet. I did hear that the IRS is processing returns alot slower this year. I was thinking that the bank who issues the payments for Turbotax was giving a portion, an advance so to speak due to the fact that Turbotax informed me that I should receive my refund by 3/5/2021. Not sure????? 

I received a letter stating that I owed back the RRC which I agree too. The notice stated if I agree no further action was required. However today I received a refund way less than expected and it was not what I agreed to via letter received regarding deducting RRC. So I called today and they agent could not tell me any more than the online status says which is that my return is being reviewed. However I received an email from Turbo tax today saying my refund is on it's way and should be deposited soon in addition to that small deposit. I don't understand what is going on. I have filed with TT for years as has my family for years and years and years. This is the FIRST year I or anyone in my family has had any problems. Can TT find out anything that I am not finding out from the IRS. I can not request a transcript because I don't have a major credit card and my bank account or debit card is not acceptable. PLEASE HELP!! 

TurboTax cannot find out anything for you.   The IRS will not tell TurboTax anything.   Sorry---you will have to wait for the letter of explanation that you will get from the IRS.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I already received a letter and the amount is nothing close to what I got today, that is what I dont understand? :( 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies