Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Business 2019 Can't Load My .tax2019 File

I am having a problem loading my .tax2019 file to TurboTax Business 2019. I had brought it from Amazon as a PC Download. I need it to output a PDF version of my tax return.

When I try opening it, it gives me this error. I went ahead and brought a state anyway but it still doesn't load:

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes. I did buy both Business and Premier for personal. I couldn't figure out to open my business .tax2109. Eventually, I found this:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-190-when-opening-file-in-turbot...

I was forced to pay an additional $54.99 for California S-Corp state (I had already done so when I filed the taxes). TurboTax charging me to just open a file.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Business is for corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates. the .tax2019 is for an individual return that can't be opened with the business version.

You can purchase any of the downloaded 2019  PERSONAL tax programs to open the personal tax return ... make sure to buy one that included the state program so you don't need to buy it separately. 

Then see if you can return the program you cannot use. 

@ turtaxhelp wrote:

I am having a problem loading my .tax2019 file to TurboTax Business 2019. I had brought it from Amazon as a PC Download. I need it to output a PDF version of my tax return.

When I try opening it, it gives me this error. I went ahead and brought a state anyway but it still doesn't load:

Did you originally prepare 2 kinds of 2019 returns--a business return (corporations, partnerships, multimember LLC, etc.) and a personal tax return?    i.e., did you originally purchase two 2019 products--a 2019 Business Edition product for your business and a 2019 personal tax product (Deluxe, Premier, etc.) for your personal tax return?   If so, you should have 2 different *.tax2019 data files.  Oddly, both products save its respective tax file with the *.tax2019 extension, which can lead to confusion if the file name does not clearly distinguish them and thus an error message if you try to open the wrong *.tax2019 data file with the wrong product.

So when using the 2019 Business Edition,  be sure you are opening the business *.tax2019 data file and not your personal tax data file.

And you would use your 2019 personal tax edition to open your personal *.tax2019 data file.

@Mike9241 wrote:

Business is for corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates. the .tax2019 is for an individual return that can't be opened with the business version.

Actually, as @mesquitebean wrote in his post, both the Business edition and personal editions of TurboTax use exactly the same extension (.taxXXXX where the Xes are for the tax year). 

As a result, the only way to determine whether a particular extension applies to the Business edition or a personal edition is by the filename preceding the extension (assuming that name is not generic with respect to either edition). 

Yes. I did buy both Business and Premier for personal. I couldn't figure out to open my business .tax2109. Eventually, I found this:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-190-when-opening-file-in-turbot...

I was forced to pay an additional $54.99 for California S-Corp state (I had already done so when I filed the taxes). TurboTax charging me to just open a file.

OK for future reference once you buy a fed or state  program download   all you have to do is download it again from your account on the TT website.  

@ turtaxhelp wrote:

If you ended up paying twice for the CA state business program, you should ask for a refund from TurboTax.   Tell them you had already bought it previously and that you want a refund for the new duplicate purchase under their 60-day satisfaction guarantee policy.    You can use this online refund request:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-request-a-refund-for-my-turbotax-product/...

If you have any trouble with the form, here's how to speak to someone at TurboTax Support.

Hours are currently 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies