Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Did it really e-file?

Hi,

Thanks for trying but, I did not click the orange button. I did not need to enter details for efiling - TurboTax had that information from my 2019 TurboTax efile. When I realized the efile had started I tried to stop it.

I did go through final checks and printed a final version of the filing - this was needed to check the form/schedule and line where foreign income had been entered. The exact location is required to complete form 8938.

Thank you, but I will wait for the unfinished filing to be processed and then file an amended return. I will not reply to any further suggestions on this thread.

Did it really e-file?

Sorry we weren't replying to you.  Other people have added on to your thread.   It does get confusing.   Do you still have any questions?

Did it really e-file?

Ok maybe I didn't I do have question ? About the end of April or May I filled my tax thing bye mail. I put zero on the whole paper and after waiting a few months I called the IRS myself and the person I spoke with told me on line 30 I put down zero. Ok but it was supposed to be for the 1800 for the two stimulus checks.. I didn't know that I got confused and that they where asking about tax money owed to me . The man told me to refile again and put 1800 on line 30 and I would get it. He said to file E file it was a lot faster. What i don't get why is my tax thing rejected. Why

Did it really e-file?

@777danny777 This thread is  becoming very confusing because so many different people have been posting to it.   You seem to be saying that you tried to e-file a return with all zeroes on it.   You cannot e-file a zero return.   So that would be why it was rejected.    You do not use the amending process to fix a rejected return.   Amending is only to be used for a fully processed return in order to fix a mistake made when you filed the original---AFTER the IRS processes the return.  A rejected return was not processed because the IRS did not get it.

You need to use the recovery rebate credit on your 2020 return to get the 1st and 2nd stimulus checks.  If you answer the questions in Federal Review correctly you should end up with an amount in line 30 of your Form 1040.   If you are a single filer who is eligible for the full amount of both EIP payments your line 30 should be $1800.

If you have not yet sent in a Form 1040 with that amount on line 30, post back.   I do not think you are going to be able to e-file now, but you can try.   If it is rejected again or will not transmit, then you have to print it, sign it and mail it.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
bunsmac70
Returning Member

Did it really e-file?

Why didn't turbo tax mail my return in sept. 26 2021,Because of my return not getting mailed Sept 26, 2021 for my 2020 of incidently a social security 1099 and a pension 1099... tx return. I have not been able to get the California GSS 2 payment Nor the Inflation Check that is going out in 2022...I have a copy .of September 26 that is cruel of you to do to me.I am a 74 year old woman living off Social Security and My pension for all the years I worked. .Meanwhile my neighbors who are all well to do are getting checks.Not right.

Did it really e-file?

@bunsmac70 TurboTax never mails a tax return for you.   If you choose to file by mail then YOU have to print the return, sign and date the return in ink, and mail it yourself.   If you did not do that, then the return was not filed.

The only way for you to file that tax return is to mail it yourself.   Sorry that you misunderstood how it works.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
bunsmac70
Returning Member

Did it really e-file?

when you pay..The red button was never there.I have been doing my taxes online for 15 years.And asm prompt.This is the fault of tt.I have a copy of my 2020 tax filed 09/21/2021..There was a pandemic and the irs and ftb said we could file before Oct  15.I filed Sept.26 with tt ad was relieved my taxes were done.Well they sat there for a month because they wanted money and I didnt know that I would have gladly paid.So this is what happened to tax ppl who don't care...

Why didn't turbo tax mail my return in sept. 26 2021,Because of my return not getting mailed Sept 26, 2021 for my 2020 of incidently a social security 1099 and a pension 1099... tx return. I have not been able to get the California GSS 2 payment Nor the Inflation Check that is going out in 2022...I have a copy .of September 26 that is cruel of you to do to me.I am a 74 year old woman living off Social Security and My pension for all the years I worked. .Meanwhile my neighbors who are all well to do are getting checks.Not right.

Did it really e-file?

@bunsmac70

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

bunsmac70
Returning Member

Did it really e-file?

that is not true.You go to the page and you do ,you do your taxes.Then you come to the end.They ask you yr banking info.You give it and they make a deposit.Then tt files.

bunsmac70
Returning Member

Did it really e-file?

turbo intuit made a mistake that cost me money....I had filed every single year prior to going to this tax prepare

I am not a novice at this.They simply didn,t care and the ppl on this site are employees who don't care and are probably from another country.They screwed up.They should have been current and up to date on my account.

Did it really e-file?

@bunsmac70 Not sure what you are talking about. It sounds like maybe you were new to using TurboTax and did not understand how TT works.    There are no other posts from you under your username bunsmac70, so it does not appear that you asked any questions in the user forum.   We cannot know here if you contacted customer support for help if you were confused---so not sure why you are saying the employees did not care.

If you wanted to e-file your return you had until the October deadline to do so.  But paying your fees does not file the return.   In order to e-file you have to go all the way through to the big orange button that says "Transmit my returns."   If you do not do that, the return is not e-filed.

If you chose to file by mail, then it was your job to print it, sign it and mail it in an envelope.  TurboTax does not mail tax returns for its users.  A mailed tax return is required to have the signature of the person who is filing the return.

So....if you did not e-file, and did not mail it, you still can file, but the ONLY way to file it now is by mail.  E-filing is closed.   You say that you have a printed copy.   Make another copy so you still have one for your own records.   Then sign and mail the federal and state returns in separate envelopes to the IRS and the state.   Attach any W-2's or 1099's that show tax withheld.

If you are getting  a refund there is no penalty for filing late.  

Did it really e-file?

@bunsmac70 And.....you are posting all of this in regard to the problem with your 2020 return.   What about your 2021 return?   Did you file 2021 successfully?   Did you use TT for 2021 or did you use some other software?

If you used TurboTax:

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds         

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note:  If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

Did it really e-file?

I think you may mean Efile instead of mail your tax return.  If you did it online you probably tried to efile it.  If you used the Online version you can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  And check your spam folder for them.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say for 2020?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies