turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT is showing my return was accepted, but the IRS Tool states I must receive notification from IRS. I'm trying to determine stimulus amount. Is it accepted or not?

Error message from Tool:  "We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS."  TT is showing it was accepted 3/5/21.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

TT is showing my return was accepted, but the IRS Tool states I must receive notification from IRS. I'm trying to determine stimulus amount. Is it accepted or not?

For the federal return to be accepted, you can visit TurboTax or the IRS. For the third stimulus, visit the IRS Get My Payment tool.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Of course.  Turbo Tax has indicated my return was accepted 10 days ago, but Where’s My Refund and Where’s My Payment are showing an error message that info does not match.  What does this mean?  I would prefer stimulus based on 2020 and not 2019.  Why is TT showing the return is accepted if it’s not?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

According to the IRS, updates to Where’s My Refund status is delayed for some.  I suggest calling the Where's My Refund automated hotline instead: 1-800-829-1954; you may have a better chance of getting your refund status this way. 

If you're still unsuccessful in getting your refund status, just remember that Covid-19 continues to cause delays in some of the IRS processes.  I would suggest checking back periodically.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies