Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aeadix

Why does my 2015 return not show up in "My Turbotax"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TT Desktop is program you use by buying a CD, or downloading and installing the software on your hard drive. Any tax returns you prepare reside only on your hard drive. 

Conversely, TT Online is web based, and returns are stored on TT's servers.

You have to sign onto your 2015 online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the account.  Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2015 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "I don't know my email address or user ID"

If you have filed your 2015 tax returns and they have been accepted, when you sign onto your online account and are on the Welcome Home screen, click on Taxes at the top of the screen.  When you are on your 2015 tax timeline, under the section for SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO, click on either option for Download/print return (PDF) or Download all forms and worksheets

In the section Looking for prior year returns?  Click on Load my tax timeline to access prior year tax returns.

Once the PDF has been downloaded to your computer, you can view or print the return with any PDF compatible viewer, such as Adobe Reader.

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You are asking from TT dekstop. Is that what you used?
aeadix

I don't know what you mean by "TT dekstop."

TT Desktop is program you use by buying a CD, or downloading and installing the software on your hard drive. Any tax returns you prepare reside only on your hard drive. 

Conversely, TT Online is web based, and returns are stored on TT's servers.

You have to sign onto your 2015 online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the account.  Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2015 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "I don't know my email address or user ID"

If you have filed your 2015 tax returns and they have been accepted, when you sign onto your online account and are on the Welcome Home screen, click on Taxes at the top of the screen.  When you are on your 2015 tax timeline, under the section for SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO, click on either option for Download/print return (PDF) or Download all forms and worksheets

In the section Looking for prior year returns?  Click on Load my tax timeline to access prior year tax returns.

Once the PDF has been downloaded to your computer, you can view or print the return with any PDF compatible viewer, such as Adobe Reader.

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Filed last year and many previous years using CD. bought a new computer that does not have CD reader. Having difficulty downloading the program and having it read last year's file to fill in data rather than key in. What do I do?

@ taxaccount20 wrote:

Filed last year and many previous years using CD. bought a new computer that does not have CD reader. Having difficulty downloading the program and having it read last year's file to fill in data rather than key in. What do I do?

I'm not sure why you chose this unrelated thread topic which was about trying find a 2015 return.  Normally people should start their own new thread, especially when it concerns such a different topic.   Fewer potential helpers are likely to see your issue in an old unrelated thread.

First of all, what kind of computer OS are you using--Windows or Mac?

"Having difficulty downloading the program" is too vague and doesn't tell me anything to go on.    What/where is the roadblock when you try to download the installation file?   However, since you also mentioned difficulty in "having it read last year's file", it sounds like you did  install the program, so I'm not sure what "having difficulty downloading" means.   So please clarify if you got the installation file downloaded or not, and if so, did you install and activate the software?

And if you did download the installation file and install the program, and activated the license, then what/where is the roadblock when you try to transfer the 2019 data file?    Do you have the *.tax2019 data file from last year on your new computer?   If so, and if you're using the Windows version, when you start your new 2020 return, does the program search and find the *.tax2019 data file and ask you if you want to transfer it in?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in the following article to move your data file to another computer.

How do I move my tax data file to another computer...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies