Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Track my refund states topic 151 1242 code what's this mean turbo tax has yet to notify me off this?

What does tax topic 151 mean? Reference 1242? I have no dependents and claimed sick and family leave

Track my refund states topic 151 1242 code what's this mean turbo tax has yet to notify me off this?

They’re likely wanting documentation to support sick leave credits. 

I went in personally and provided my paperwork, Identification documents, returns for this year & passed year… And as of today I get an email with this code. 
Im lost an confused on all this. 
How long do this take & why after I went in person?

Did anyone get a refund after tax topic 151 reference number 1242 , if you did , did the irs give you a update on partial payment on the check my refund status ? 

Hey I was reading up on what you had wrote and I got the same letter with the same review and the same 151/1242 but the difference is I’ve never filed for any children so why would I receive that code? If you do have an answer to this please reply to me if not God bless and thank you

Call the offset number see what u ow

Call the offset number and see who taking 

What is the offset number??

[phone number removed] Irs Offset, to see if you owe anything.

From what I seen, they’re trying to figure out how you came up with the Tax’s Credit that was claimed. But I’m not to sure myself but from what I’ve read from other post there’s a lot of people with the same who didn’t file an dependent. 

Received the same but I still have not received a letter to why 

How long will it take to get this letter it’s been almost 3 months now 

This is all crazy🤦🏽‍♂️

Well they say 120 days from the day of 810, I’m still waiting myself. Some say after a 120 days we might get the 811 code which means unfreeze, some also say they may wait until 120 is up to issue letter.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies