Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I download a PDF of previous years' taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF) 

You can also get free transcripts of your federal return from the IRS - http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

I’m having a hard time getting last year’s documents plz help

Currently when you sign into Turbotax there is NOT an option "your tax returns and documents" to then click on "show".  YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE CONTINUE BUTTON and THEN you will be able to scroll down and see "your tax returns and documents" and the "show" option.

I just spent about 40 minutes on the phone with Turbotax tech support on this, which should have taken 5 minutes tops, if the tech was familiar with exactly what I would be seeing on the landing page after signing in.  Not once did he tell me to "click continue" to then see the option he kept insisting I was missing.  

The landing page is all about beginning the process of starting another tax return. It is not logical to click continue for a person who signed in to find their previous tax returns to download a pdf.

Come on Turbotax, why make it so difficult?  Would it be too much just to add a link that makes sense on the landing page?  I followed "intuit account" and chose products which showed last two tax years but no link to do anything with them e.g., view, download, etc.

I ended up in this thread because the tech support person pointed me to it.  These instructions need to be updated with the all important part about clicking "continue", but I'm repeating myself.

And no, I didn't fill out the survey I received in email.  This is my survey.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies