turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What dies it mean when it’s say we have received your refund and it’s being processed

I meant what does
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

75 Replies
CarolynLO

What dies it mean when it’s say we have received your refund and it’s being processed

That means that the IRS has received your tax return and it is being processed.  After this the IRS will go from processing your tax return to approved or accepted. Once accepted,  your tax refund will be on its way to you. It takes approximately 21 days to see it in your account if you chose the direct deposit option and 6 weeks if you ask for your check to be mailed to you.   You can track the status of your refund with "Where's My Refund" tool. Use this link to do so.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/

Does it mean they still haven’t accepted it?

LakeshaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you trying to check your e-file status of your tax return? If so, you can check it here. Also, when you e-file your tax return, your status will either be pendingrejected, or accepted.

• Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected the tax return.
  • Rejected means the IRS received your tax return, but return it  because there are some errors that need fixing before the IRS can accept and process it.
  • Accepted means your return was received and the initial inspection (for example, the date of birth matched,social security numbers matched, dependents haven't been claim, etc)  was passed. After the intitial inspection, the IRS will then do a deeper inspection. During this acceptance phase,  your tax return is on IRS timetable. So, there is no way of knowing exactly when IRS will finish processing your return, but you can always track your refund on the IRS website here. You will not see your refund expected date, on the IRS website, until after IRS approves the refund.  If it is approved and there are no issues with your refund, IRS will update your status, and they will give you an estimated refund date. For most taxpayers, (9 out of 10), the refund process takes approximately 21 days

Please see these related TurboTax FAQs below:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much my first time on my own doing it so I just am curious and I now have a child to add to that so super confused especially with everything with the path law just totally confused I’m wording if I didn’t it wrong or something so it’s just being processed so 🙏 hope for the best that I did it all right lol thank you for the help very much!

I still havent recieved my refund it has been past 21 days and no letter or anything

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.  Returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit may take a little longer to be deposited due to the PATH Act.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

Same here, it's been 23 days now. :(

So, how much longer for those under the PATH? I filed 1/28, accepted 1/28 and WMR went from tax topic 152, to "We have received your tax return and it is being processed." It's been having this status since saturday. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

late February my ass it’s already late February. They make me sick we as a people need to do something about our government always **bleep**ing us . PATH my ass they need to put my money on the path to my bank account. We put some of the stupids law makers in office . There always putting out these stupid acts that don’t do anything good for the American people . WE MUST PUT A STOP TO THIS.

They actually do it for a good reason because people lie and claim things they shouldn’t. It sucks when people ruin it for everyone else. The government is smart to put these acts into place. 

I agree! It’s just my first time filing on my own so I just wanted to make sure I didn’t mess anything up I reviewed it today with the live help so all is okay just wanted to make sure 

By federal law, the IRS can't process returns with the EITC credit until Feb. 15th (and there was one more forgot what it was)... as stated on the irs' website

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

unfortunately for us the 15th fell on a Saturday this year, and the following Monday was a federal holiday. The IRS started processing these returns Tuesday, February 18th, so they've only been processing them for 3 days. I filed on Jan 24th, and according to turbo tax, my return was accepted on the 27th. As of a few minutes ago, my status still says that 'my refund has been received and is currently being processed'.

The 21 days of receiving your refund is added to the date your refund is APPROVED (step after being processed).  The IRS 1st day of processing return with eitc and child tax credits was the 18th, so we're probably not getting dates until at least next week. On their website it says updates should be be posted after the 22nd, which is basically next week. 

Point is the IRS couldn't legally process your return before the 18th

The first day of processing for those with eic and child tax credit is was February 18th

Expect updates after the 22nd

And I know you're gonna hate to hear it, but you're gonna have to keep waiting lol. I feel your pain though lol.

Bradleon

So are you saying we may have to wait 21 days from the 22nd? Implying we won't see our money until late March?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies