Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SSmart24
Returning Member

TBG SBTPG LLC Has taken over 2k of our return

TBG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC  sent our return to our account and it was over $2000 less than the amount we were suppose to get. Its been a few weeks now and nothing has been resolved. We tried contacting turbotax and the associate had no real solution for us. We tried calling IRS and it says call volume is too high, call back tomorrow...we are out of over $2000 of our return and have no real answers right now. We always use Turbotax and never had this issue with our returns. This is far from frustration at this point. Can someone please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
christina2190
Returning Member

This exact same thing happened to me this week! I cant seem to get in touch with anyone!

Tbg just took $1368 from me. I want it back or we need to all do a class action lawsuit 

@SSmart24 @christina2190 

I just got off the phone with the irs, I was able to get through by using phone prompts that I want to set up a payment. 

I just got off the phone with the IRS. They told me TPG had their bank account numbers take $1368 of my refund, then my bank account numbers took 4138.11. The irs issued me $5506.11.  The irs stated this is how I had my refund set up, which is insane. Id never in my life set up my account for Turbo tax to steal that much. They said I owed no debt I already paid it off. 

They told me to file form for tax preparation fraud form 14157a

So I'm filling that out now.

@SSmart24 

I got through to the irs by saying I want to set up a payment plan..even though I owe nothing. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If the IRS adjusted your refund for any reason, they will send a letter explaining the reason(s) why they made the adjustment.    That letter takes about 3 weeks to arrive.   Once you receive the letter, it will have contact information and steps to take if you disagree with their adjustments.    No one at TurboTax will be able to explain any of the changes made by the IRS and they will only discuss your tax return with you or someone you have designated on your tax return or Form 8821.  

If you used Refund Processing (paid your TurboTax fees with your refund), your refund goes through a 3rd party bank (SBTPG).    They receive the refund (less any IRS adjustments), take out the TurboTax fees AND their processing fee, and remit the balance to you.    If there is a discrepancy with these amounts (FEES), you can contact them or access your account with this link.   

IRS FAQs - Refund less than filed for.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello,

I don’t understand how with all the class action suits and continuos fraudulent activity that intuit is still able to continue to scam people. I have filed a class action suit and a law suit against intuit they have once again scammed me by this tax refund advance loan 2023. They have taken my return now credit karma has a acct that k have no access too and the promise of free filing in addition they took a refund charge out of my acct and that also was not authorized. I am not the only one this year just probably the first one this year and what really has upset me that every person working for turbo tax is going along with this crooked scam so is it really worth your 15 dollar an hour job to be sued . Hmmm well a big **bleep** you tointuit and I can’t wait to cash out on their crooked ass

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies