turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes

I filed my taxes back in early February it's now been 2 months and on the tracker it says "Ready to mail" then in the IRS tracker it says it hasn't even seen it yet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Taxes

@ TayRhyne wrote:

I filed my taxes back in early February it's now been 2 months and on the tracker it says "Ready to mail" then in the IRS tracker it says it hasn't even seen it yet.

What are you referring to as the first "tracker?"   Is it this:

Check this way:

When you log into your Online account, at the Tax Home does the status say "Ready to mail?"  Or does it say something else?

If it says "ready to mail" at the Tax Home, did you plan to print, sign, date, and mail it?   TurboTax does not mail it for you.  If you chose to file by mail, then YOU have to mail it--the Federal return to the IRS, and a state return (if applicable) to the state tax agency.

Or did you plan to efile it but failed to complete the efile process?   If it says "ready to mail", but you haven't actually mailed it, you can still go back into the return and efile it, if you wish.  We can tell you how.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Taxes

@ TayRhyne wrote:

What are you referring to as the first "tracker?"   Is it this:

Check this way:

When you log into your Online account, at the Tax Home does the status say "Ready to mail?"  Or does it say something else?

If it says "ready to mail" at the Tax Home, did you plan to print, sign, date, and mail it?   TurboTax does not mail it for you.  If you chose to file by mail, then YOU have to mail it--the Federal return to the IRS, and a state return (if applicable) to the state tax agency.

Or did you plan to efile it but failed to complete the efile process?   If it says "ready to mail", but you haven't actually mailed it, you can still go back into the return and efile it, if you wish.  We can tell you how.

Taxes

How can I go and efile it?

Taxes

If you haven't actually filed at all, i.e, haven't efiled and didn't print and mail it, you can open the return back up and change the filing method and proceed to efile.

• Log into your account, and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (That doesn't really add one; that's just to open the return interview back up.)
  • Once the return is open, go to the REVIEW section and go through the review screens and error check to be sure everything is still in order.
  • Then go to the FILE section and change the filing method to efile.
  • Then continue on through all the remaining screens, verifying or providing any information, and at the final step click a big orange button that says "Transmit Returns Now."

After efiling, you should get 2 emails.  The first one should say that your return had been transmitted.  That will be followed by a second email up to 24-48 hours later (although for some it can be much sooner--a few minutes or hours) that will tell you if the return was accepted or rejected.   You can also check the efile status later by signing back into your Online account and checking at the Tax Home.   It will say "pending" until it is either accepted or rejected.

gedkis
Returning Member

Taxes

I need my IP protection code my Taxes where a reject it and they're asking for the ip

gedkis
Returning Member

Taxes

I need that IP protection code as soon as possible

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Taxes

If you do not remember your IP pin, you can use the prior year adjusted gross income. You can only get IP PINs from the IRS by following these instructions or follow the instructions below on how to get your 2018 AGI:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Taxes

The 2018 AGI cannot be used instead of an IP PIN (Identity Protection PIN).  The 6-digit IP PIN is entered in a completely different section of the TurboTax interview.  It is not the same as the AGI/PIN section in the FILE section; that is a different kind of PIN and is 5 digits.

If user is required to have an IP PIN, then in order to efile, the user will have to have a correct 6-digit IP PIN entered in the correct location.

Then when efiling, in the FILE section the user will still have to enter the 2018 AGI to verify the efile, and choose a 5-digit Self-Select PIN (user chooses the 5 digits) to electronically sign the return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies