turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chadb1966

Bars and 152 topic disappeared

What does it means when the 152 topic disappeared

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing mean the process is moving along.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

View solution in original post

34 Replies

Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing mean the process is moving along.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.
Hayesr49

On irs.gov all of the bars have disappeared and there had not been any change in 20 days. I check today and Tax topic 152 is gone, but my refund amount is visible (it was not previously). What does this mean?  

I got accepted on the 14th of january and its saying still processing waiting on refund date but i had topic152 that disappeared too thats mean im still getting my refund direct desposit

Corrie49

Same thing here. Bars gone, and code gone.  Just says ‘still being processed’.    I think it just means it’s actually being processed now by a real person.  Then, when approved you get a refund date.  Mine is EIC so I don’t think it will come until mid-February.  At least that’s what the website says.  

I dont have credits no letter i got accepted on the 14th

have anyone status updated yet??? Mines still processing no bars and my topic 152 disappeared

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Taken20 If you were showing Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing mean the process is moving along.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
3hr
Level 1

I have the same issue... bars disappeared about 5 days ago.  I still had Tax topic 152 at that point with correct refund amount showing on left.  Today... 5 days after bars disappeared, tax topic 152 and refund amount has disappeared.  Did yours ever resolve?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the following link from the IRS for an explanation for Tax Topic 152.

Tax topic 152

Did you ever get your return I filed July 9th and mine just did the same thing ????

On my where is my refund I have Tax topic 152 but not showing any amount and still saying processing What does that mean

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@Problemkid88 Here is a great article describing tax topic 152. 

If you need additional assistance, please comment and let us know. 

What does this mean it still topic 152 but says this can someone help me please I'm worried Screenshot_20220220-122206_Chrome.jpg

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Ajustice22

If you were showing Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing means the process is moving along.

In regards to a refund delay, please see this Help Article which explains certain instances this can happen.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies