Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Return - IRS notice

I filed my return as completed in TT (electronically).  I received a tax due notice for $403.  I went back to TT to review my filing but now the return shows $403 more in tax than what TT filed on my behalf.  Can someone explain why I was not notified of a change in the TT calculation.  I now paid interest on the late payment.

Peter Connolly

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Tax Return - IRS notice

TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS after the return is filed.

Nobody here can know what the IRS notice says and what they changed unless you tell us.    There is not way that we can know if you failed to enter something or entered it incorrectly without knowing the details.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Tax Return - IRS notice

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation. See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Tax Return - IRS notice

I filed my return electronically through TT.  In July I received a notice from the IRS regarding changes to my return increasing tax due.  When I went back into TT I was presented with a new return showing increased tax equal to the IRS calculation; obviously adjustments were made to my return that matched the IRS adjustments.  In essence, TT was telling me that I owed additional tax to the IRS exactly equal to my IRS notice.  How can this be??

My question then is how did these changes get added to my TT file/return?  And, if the program is making changes shouldn't I be notified?

Peter

Tax Return - IRS notice

When did you file?  If it was early like in January there were a couple updates.  I think on schedule D and for the new QBI Deduction.  Do you have a copy of your original filed return so you can see what changed?  Like what line?

Tax Return - IRS notice

Here are the Desktop program Release Notes for Windows.  I haven't found notes for Mac but I would think they are the same.  Were you updating your program frequently?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/turbotax-release-notes-for-windows-personal-ta...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies