Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Refund

Hi, Can i receive my tax refund abroad? If yes, How can i do it? I ve  completed my tax return in TurboTax, i put a Canadian address in order to print out the return.

After that, how can i manually enter the correct mailing address?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Tax Refund

The IRS will not make a direct deposit to a foreign bank.  They will only mail a check to the address you entered on your tax return.   You enter your address in My Info.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tax Refund

Thanks, so i filled my mailing address with my actual abroad address but on my payment receipt there is still the canadian address, is it correct or the check will be arrived in Canada?

Tax Refund

If you entered your correct mailing address and see it on your Form 1040 that is the address the IRS will use.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tax Refund

Where can i check this 1040 form? Thanks

Tax Refund

You can check status of your tax return:

1. Use the IRS Where's My Refund tool.  Where's My Refund?
  2. Calling the IRS at 1-800-829-1040
  3. Viewing your IRS account information.
Giovak92_

Tax Refund

Thanks for answering me. Is it possible that after a month i haven't received any email that confirm the tax refund? and when i check on where'smyrefund they can't find my process.. Any ideas what should i do?

Thank you

Tax Refund

@Giovak92_

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here?  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds         

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note:  If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

Tax Refund

IMG_20210415_193950.jpg

Hi, thank you everyone you are very helpful but i m still stuck here.. What should I do next? How can i transmit(e-file)  my returns?

Thanks in advance 

Tax Refund

IMG_20210415_193950.jpg

Hi, thank you, you are very helpful but i m still stuck here.. What should I do next? How can i transmit(e-file)  my returns?

Thanks in advance 

Tax Refund

IMG_20210415_193950.jpg

Hi, thank you, you are very helpful but i m still stuck here.. What should I do next? How can i transmit(e-file)  my returns?

Thanks in advance 

Tax Refund

IMG_20210415_193950.jpg

Thanks in advance 

Tax Refund

@ Magio92 

It looks like you posted an image that looks like it is from Intuit Canada.   In fact, you have posted it 4 times in this thread.    That is not a feature of USA Online TurboTax.

Are you referring to a Canada tax return?   You are posting in the USA TurboTax Community forum.

Here's the Canada TurboTax Community forum:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/turbotax-support/help/03/en-ca

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies