turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

John420
Returning Member

Tax refund

So i finished my e file and submitted my tax refund and it got rejected, so i sent it again then realized it got rejected because i entered the wrong birth year for my dependant,but i have already submitted it again without fixing the error, will i be able to fix this ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Tax refund

You will have to wait until it gets rejected again and then fix it.

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS will not begin to accept/reject/process returns until January 27.  Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

So watch your emails and spam folder to make sure you know after Jan. 27 if your return was accepted or rejected.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
John420
Returning Member

Tax refund

Thank you, i had one more question. What do i click on once it comes back to fix my dependents birth year? i couldnt find out where to do it last time.

Tax refund

@John420 Go to My Info to edit information about yourself or a dependent.  Click edit by the name you need to change something on.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
John420
Returning Member

Tax refund

And thats once they reject it, is when i can fix it right?

John420
Returning Member

Tax refund

Because i will go to edit but it dosent give me the option to fix anything on my dependant, unless im just not seeing it 

Tax refund

Yes---do not try to change anything now while it is still pending.

John420
Returning Member

Tax refund

Because i will go to edit but it dosent give me the option to fix anything on my dependant, unless im just not seeing it, and thank you again for all ypur help 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies