Tax Payment

TT cannot broadcast a general message on the website and even if they did no one would see it.  It may be nice if they warn you when you put in for the Debit but that has never been a part of the programming and the info fluctuates weekly so it is not feasible to keep up with the changes on a timely manner. 

Sadly the new normal since covid happened means that the IRS will usually take much longer to process payments and the returns with balance dues on them ... how much longer fluctuates and the IRS site doesn't even post this information ... we post it here from current and past experiences.  

Dmp4

Tax Payment

Having same problem. Taxes owed where supposed to be debited on 4/12 and still haven't been taken out. In past has always been with 24 to 48 hours. I am on hold with them now to try and get answers. Maybe they just don't need our money any more...

Big Sandwich

Tax Payment

I am starting to think that this is a Turbo Tax problem I have spoke to people who have paid their taxes via other means and the IRS debited their bank accounts on the exact dates specified. 

taxpayer71

Tax Payment

As I posted above, same issue.  However, 15 days after my requested withdrawal date, the funds have finally been withdrawn.  So maybe the 7-10 days is now 14-21 days.  Annoying, but resolved over time.

jbeustis

Tax Payment

I file on MArch 26th, it was accepted on March 26th. My Federal DD payment was deducted Monday April 19th. It’s a IRS issue. Rest assured they will take your money!

ulil

Tax Payment

I have the same issue.

this is the first year I experienced it 

zonerjo

Tax Payment

Thanks! That gives me hope.  I never thought I would 'hope' for IRS to take my money 🙂
@jbeustis 

JMD8

Tax Payment

I filed state and federal returns together and already received state refund. Federal was accepted on 4/11/21 and direct debit was scheduled to be paid on 4/15/21.  I did not receive a confirmation number and my Tax form printed with XXXXX's for routing and account number.  I checked earlier today payment was not withdrawn.  I cannot contact IRS as they want the confirmation number....Now what?

victorP1

Tax Payment

FInally, on the 8th business day of waiting IRS debited my tax payment from my checking account. 

njayaram

Tax Payment

I filed on 4/4 with same date for DD payment. Still nothing has happened yet. State payment went through without issue. Getting worried now. Almost 15 business days now already. 

lauramanda76

Tax Payment

Nope.

My federal and state were filed the same day. March 15. Two days later the federal payment was deducted but still haven't seen the state deducted from my account.

lauramanda76

Tax Payment

I filed 3/15 and state still isn't showing withdrawn.

Tax Payment

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo. If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay. Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-fo...

LBCHDAWG

Tax Payment

Finally!   Submitted 4/7 with a 4/9 debit date.   State (CA) happened quick.   Fed took my money today, 4/21.