turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Payment

I filed through eFile with my payment to my taxes. I received an email from TurboTax that it was succesfully filed,  received and accepted by IRS (i.e. via two separate emails). My tax payment was supposedly debited from my checking account on April 9th. To date IRS has not debited my checking account for my payment. I am somewhat concerned because April 15th is around the corner. Any thoughts please. Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

134 Replies

Tax Payment

The due date for taxes owed on a 2020 federal tax return has changed to May 17, 2021.

You need to wait for at least 10 business days from the date you selected for payment.  The IRS should debit your account by then.

Tax Payment

Thanks

my22
Level 2

Tax Payment

It is a little bit confusion by IRS "Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at [phone number removed] to inquire about or cancel your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling."

I think it is reasonable to count 10 day from "the specific date" if the tax payer specify the later day, such as April 9.  I am in the same boat. My tax got accepted in March, and I specified the April. The CA state withdrew the money at the exact day, but IRS has not yet.  

Tax Payment

Thank you for posting. I had the exact same question. I set the withdrawal date for April 6. The state took it out that day. Will wait the 10 days to see if the IRS takes it by then.

Thanks again for asking this question. 🙂

Tax Payment

We have waited 10 days, and IRS has not withdrawn the money.

I called the electronic payment 24/7 line, they have received the returns but have no record of payments.  The representative believe it could be a software/Turbotax glitch and recommended we contact the software provider.

Tax Payment

Thanks for asking this question, I'm having the same issue. Filed on 4/7, state has already debited, State and Federal accepted on 4/7, but no federal debit yet. Is there a software glitch SidrahA suggested?

Tax Payment

I just called TurboTax support.

They said to wait 10 business days before you call them.

(not including Saturday and Sunday)

Tax Payment

In the same boat - filed Friday, March 26th with payment set for Monday Match 29th.  Got the confirmation acceptance text and email.  Payment still hasn't been pulled.  Called the IRS e-file support # [phone number removed].  They didn't have anything on record and transferred me to the IRS number # [phone number removed].  Got disconnected a few times and gave up... thinking I'll just give it a week and keep my fingers crossed.

kungfuman

Tax Payment

I'm in the same situation. This is incredibly frustrating -- my tax payment is not a small amount, I don't like it just sitting in my checking account.

e-filing is supposed to be easier/better than paper filing, but this does not appear to be the case. 

Tax Payment

Glad you asked that. Having the same issue.  It hasn't been 10 days yet since mine were accepted, but it usually takes the payment fairly quickly.  Frustrating to be completed but not completed-completed.  Would LOVE to hear official TurboTax people speak to this!

Tax Payment

When I talked to the TurboTax customer rep (two days ago) - I told her about this post and said the issue did not just impact me.  I think she said that they are aware of it. I told her that it is a major problem. I agree that someone from TurboTax should officially respond to this thread.

Tax Payment

I live in Florida so I don't have any state taxes; however, I filed my federal taxes on March 26, 2021 and it was accepted...I was supposed to have payment deducted on that day (March 26, 2021); here it is, April 15, 2021, and the payment has yet to be deducted from my bank account...

Tax Payment

That is way beyond the 10 business days. There seem to be more and more people encountering this issue. I think it might require everyone who encounters it to call TurboTax  technical support to make it a priority.   :(

dlongjr2

Tax Payment

I would think TurboTax would be on the hook for any late payments. It's the 15th and I had to pay a bunch this year but nothing has been taken from my account yet. I'm sure this would turn into class action if people have to pay penalties. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies