turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Filing Question

I completed my taxes for the year 2020 and e filed them.  They are waiting to be transmitted and accepted by the IRS.    Today my 2nd stimulus check showed up and also a W2 that I was not expecting to receive.  I made the changes in Turbo Tax and corrected the information. My question now when the returns are transmitted to the IRS will they be correct or will I need to file an amended return.

Thanks for your help.  Mike

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Tax Filing Question

New - If you filed and claimed the Recovery rebate credit but already received the full Stimulus payments you can call it back and update your return so it isn't delayed

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-ve-already-claimed-the-recovery-rebate-credit-ho...

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Tax Filing Question

If you haven't e-filed or mailed your income tax, search for stimulus and select the jump-to link at the top of the search results to return back to the section. Enter your updated info and Continue

If you've already e-filed your income tax return, see I've already claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit. How can I review and update my 2020 tax return?

Note: Your stimulus payment isn’t taxable. It won’t reduce your refund or increase what you owe when you file your taxes this year. It’s also not considered income, so it won’t affect your eligibility for any federal government assistance or benefits. To read the entire TurboTax FAQ, click here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Filing Question

So even though it has not been transmitted to the IRS and accepted there is no way for it to be corrected now?  Also what about the additional W2 I need to ad.  I filled out the form to correct the stimulus mistake, will it allow me to add the additional W2 at this time?

thanks,

Mike

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Tax Filing Question

If you want to review and update your 2020 return, please enter your information here by February 6, to have your 2020 tax return sent back to you.  You will then receive an email from TurboTax on February 8, letting you know that your return is available and providing you with detailed instructions on how to review, update and re-file your tax return without the Recovery Rebate Credit.

See: How can I review and update my 2020 tax return? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies