turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax error

Hey so I payed awhile ago with the email [email address removed] username <removed> and also have the deduction on my bank account and was wondering when I’d get my tax return; also I forgot to add one thing and would like to addd it before I end up doing my taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Tax error

First let's figure out if you actually efiled.

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Tax error

Have you already file your tax return and was it accepted by the IRS? If you now want to add something to a return that has already been filed and accepted, you must now prepare, print and mail an amended return form 1040X to add something else to your tax return. If that is what you need to do, post back for more information.

TurboTax gets no information about the status of refunds. You must track it yourself on the IRS tracking web site: 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Tax error

I tried to e-file and payed the 60$ for a check to come in the mail and still haven’t received it and have the charge in my account for Wells Fargo. Bannanasjonny was the username.

Tax error

First let's figure out if you actually efiled.

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

Tax error

Unless you used the Free Edition, there is a fee for the use of the TurboTax program to prepare your tax return for filing. The fee is the same whether you can efile your return or must print and mail it.

What check are you referring to that you would get in the mail? If you are referring to your federal refund, you must use the IRS tracking web site to find the status for it. 

Tax error

If you didn't file or it rejected you can go back and change anything you want.  Click on Add a State to let you back into your retun.   Go back through the File tab to change how to get your refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies