Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Submitted date

So I applied for the advance refund and they approved me for it and plus I already got the credit karma card. So I filed my taxes on 1-19-24 but it’s giving me 1/22/24 for the submitted date Filed date is 1-19-24 and it’s saying pending so when will my advance refund hit my account ?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Submitted date

You do not get any money until the IRS accepts your e-file.  The IRS will begin to accept/reject e-files on January 29.  So it will not be until the IRS accepts your e-file---on 1-29 or after.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Submitted date

I am in the same boat as you except I filed 01/20/24 & submitted date is the same as yours. The IRS is accepting returns before the 29th it’s all over Reddit lol (it’s called the early test batch). Everyone I seen on there got accepted the same day or next day (most of them also filed with TurboTax) so I’m confused as to why we aren’t getting accepted!!

Submitted date

I reached out to a live agent yesterday and was told that irs accepted certain amount at a time and ours haven’t been sent yet. But once they start accepting more ours would be the next ones and that it could be sent at any given moment from now until that date so keep a look out I guess. It just so frustrating because last year I was accepted within a hour after filing!

Submitted date

Thank you!! Did they happen to mention anything about why our submitted date of 01/22/24 was after our day we filed? Believe me I understand the frustration, ugh lol.  Every year I’ve used TurboTax I’ve always been accepted the same day like within minutes (especially the last 3 years because of the refund advance).  I’m hoping it comes sometime today hence tour submitted date. 

Submitted date

IMG_0058.jpeg

Mines just got accepted this evening and my advance refund on my credit karma card did you get any luck today?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies