turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus direct deposit and offset taxes

My 2019 refund was offset, but initially looked like we would get a refund so our direct deposit information was provided. Once our return was process it was found we owed back taxes and the refund was offset. Even though we did not get a refund will we get a direct deposit of the stimulus since they have our banking information or a mailed paper check?

* Edited for clarity 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Offsets for child support are the only ones that will be take frrom the stiimulus.

Thanks for your reply. To clarify, my question is not regarding eligibility as I know I’m  eligible for the stimulus. My question specifically is regarding how I’ll receive it, since my refund was offset. My direct deposit information was provided as when we filed we were estimated to have a refund, but after processing it was determined we owed back taxes. Since there was no refund processed I am unsure if the stimulus will come as direct deposit or check. 

ee-ea
Level 15

If you have furnished direct deposit info to the IRS it will be used for the stimulus.

I have the same problem. Did you recieve your stimulus yet??

Bdupe
Returning Member

I have the exact same concern. Please update if you receive your stimulus payment via the direct deposit information you provided, and I will do the same so we can validate whether or not IRS will use the direct deposit information provided for stimulus payments if The same payment method was not used for 2018 tax refunds. Good luck!

I will!!!...My 2018 was a check...So yes I will definitely keep you posted!!!...I know some people that have gotten theirs. So I'm hoping for the best for both of us!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies