turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Status

I filed around January 21st-22nd it is now April 8th I haven't received my refund or and acknowledgement from IRS or turbo tax that it was received. I've called the IRS, used the where's my refund website but no answer on either.  What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Status

First, check to see if your return was filed by checking your e-file status. If no status is showing then the return was not completed and submitted. 

If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return. 

If you find your return was not completed and e-filed, you can follow the complete instructions in the link below:

How do I change from mail to e-file in TurboTax Online?

If your return was accepted, for the most up to date information regarding your return, please visit the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? - TurboTax Support Video

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Status

I had to print and mail in do to I did not have the AGI number from last year's taxes.  

Status

@Jkmoore357 

Your TurboTax account will never know if your mailed return was received by the IRS or not.  And unless you mailed by a method that has tracking, such as certified mail, priority mail, etc., the only way to know if the IRS received it is when it appears in their WMR tracking tool or refund hotline (or if they cashed a check that was enclosed.)

I assume you printed, signed, dated, and mailed the return to the IRS.  TurboTax does not mail it for you.  We have seen people sometime mistakenly mail both the Federal and state returns only to the state tax agency and nothing to the IRS, so hopefully you correctly mailed it to the IRS.

That being said, 4 weeks after mailing, it should have started appearing in the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool. 

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

If you are finding no information there, then here are some tips:

When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes a state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

You can also try phoning the automated IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users before when the WMR tool didn't.

800-829-1954

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies