Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Status still Pending

@Tomek1 Why do you think your 2020 return is being audited?   That is simply not possible.   The IRS just began to accept 2020 returns on February 12, 2021.

Did you receive a letter from the IRS about some other tax year?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Status still Pending

I am simply wondering if they plan to audit pre 12 Feb 21 filers.  My hope this is not the case.   Why they would target pre 12 Feb filers is odd.   

Status still Pending

For all of my post please accept this disclaimer.   My apologies for speculation as to why pre 12 Feb 2021 filers are still pending.  Hence, TURBO TAX leadership needs to say something before the fear factor takes over.   *Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tomek1
Returning Member

Status still Pending

@xmasbaby0  - my post was a direct reply to an earlier post by @optopm  .  My post did not state my return was being audited, I questioned someone's else opinion that the early returns may be audited.

Status still Pending

E-mail your Intuit execs about the Pending Status descrepancy: https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

Their software is misleading about a 24-48 hour lead time to process e-filed returns. If it's not actually their "fault" for the Pending Status delay, then they should at least provide a more accurate representation/characterization in their software. Maybe say, "normally, it takes 24-48 hours to process e-filed returns once returns begin collection by the IRS, but it may take longer if the IRS doesn't pull certain returns from us. We'll contact both you and the IRS if you still have pending status in 2 weeks". The reps will just blame the pandemic, IRS etc. and tell you to wait longer

[removed]

Status still Pending

I just asked my best friend who said she and her husband filed on 2/5 said they were both accepted as well on 2/12.   They have a school credit, daycare credit, and stimulus recovery on theirs. She said both were accepted right away and they have on bar on the IRS tracker.  How frustrating for people who are still pending!

KK94
Level 3

Status still Pending

Exactly!  All I want to know is the IRS has received and accepted it.  I understand there may be processing delays but there should not be acceptance delays as all that is is one server talking to another pulling the data and indicating it has all been received and in the format it expects.  That is all.  It is like the bank saying we have received your paycheck data from the server at your employer.  That should take place within a few hours of transmittal then the bank may have to process the file for you to actually receive your paycheck and that is something completely different than receiving the information.  So frustrating as these servers are working 24/7 and have been for over 5 days now.  Something is amiss here and no one wants to address it.

Status still Pending

I finally got a response the IRS rejected my return do to the 1099 NEC.. I need to update the software and then resubmit...

Status still Pending

I have some interesting information after browsing my turbo tax program (costco CD installed) on my computer. I am looking at all the updates installed by the program and there are 3 or 4 "California" updates since I filed on 2/1/2021. 

I can't see the actual update details so not sure if it's related to the state software itself and this is why my CA state return is still pending, due to software updates that I missed when I filed too early. This makes sense though because my friend who filed 2/15/21 had his returns accepted that same day for both fed/state and he had all the current updates to the software.

TURBOTAX PLEASE UPDATE US! 

Status still Pending

This extended pending period for some returns at the very beginning of the season is NORMAL and happens each and every tax year.  Some returns will be held up for no discernable reason to the taxpayer however it means something to the IRS ... some returns are just looked at longer before being accepted and the IRS will not say why however there is no need to panic over the situation and since it is out of your (and turbotax's ) control  there is nothing you can do but be patient and allow the situation to resolve itself in good time.  

Status still Pending

I just can't accept this though. I've used turbo tax over 8+ years and always filed within the 1st week of IRS being opened. Granted the IRS did accept my federal return right when they opened on 2/12/21 but my CA state return is pending.

Now that I dug into Turbo tax software updates and found 3 to 4 state updates inside their programming, it makes me wonder if I in fact missed something on the state return and that is the reason why it is still pending. My point is further made with my friend who filed 2/15/21, had all the updates for CA state to his software, and his return was accepted within hours for both fed/state.

The one time I file early....this situation happens. I'll never file again early that is for sure!

Status still Pending

Yay! My US Federal business tax return was just accepted by the IRS! After 5 days (about 118 hours).  Last year I got my acceptance letter in 30 minutes when I filed on 2/5/2020.  

Lets hope my VA state return goes through now too. 

Status still Pending

This is the issue....most of our fed returns accepted pretty quick and the state will stay pending for who knows how long? Please update us if your state return is accepted. 

KK94
Level 3

Status still Pending

I have used Turbo Tax and e-filed for 20 years!  I have filed early (mid to late January) most years.  I remember 8-10 years ago the IRS didn't open for returns until the first week in February sometime between the 2nd and the 7th of February (I don't remember the exact date).  That year and every other year my return has been accepted on the day the the IRS started accepting returns if I filed early or within 24 hours if I filed after they began taking returns.  And in the case of the year they delayed taking returns until February this year was only delayed a few days beyond that year so I find it hard to believe that that many more returns were submitted within that few day window.  I am not buying the poppycock being sold here.  All this is is the IRS saying we got your return and that should not be delayed by days much less weeks unless there is a problem with server communication which should be addressed by either TT or the IRS.  20 years of e-filing with Turbo Tax and never had this issue so I smell a rat somewhere along the line here. 

KK94
Level 3

Status still Pending

I don't even file a state return as my state doesn't have a state income tax and many of us are still waiting for our Federal return to be accepted.  There is clearly an issue with the servers communicating with each other and if others are still waiting for their state returns to be accepted says to me there might be an issue with the Turbo Tax servers.  I am beyond frustrated with the lack of concern by Turbo Tax and the IRS.  Someone should come out and acknowledge this is an issue and explain why or at least acknowledge they weren't prepared for the number of returns that flooded in (although they should have been as they know basically how many people generally file by mid February each year).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies