turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

francisray
Returning Member

Started to amend my 2018 return, however even though I canceled the request, the tax doc section is unable to show my filed tax return (i.e TT deleted my prev. filing)

Is there a way to retrieve my 2018 return that was filed ?(right now it shows the draft of the amend)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Started to amend my 2018 return, however even though I canceled the request, the tax doc section is unable to show my filed tax return (i.e TT deleted my prev. filing)

Try deleting the amended form.

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to delete a form. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-view-and-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online/0...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
francisray
Returning Member

How do I know which is from 2019 vs 2018 ? TT mixes up all the forms and makes it super difficult to delete

francisray
Returning Member

To add further details -

I am currently in process of finishing my 2019 returns

In parallel I had a draft amendment for 2018 that I need deleted.

When I follow your instructions to delete a form TT shows me all of the forms. How do I know what form corresponds to 2018 from the list of forms?

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Since you are using the Turbotax Online software, you will need to Amend 2018 before you start 2019, or you can download your 2018 tax file and the 2018 Amend Desktop Software, which will make it easier to focus on each year separately. Please see this Turbotax FAQ for more information,  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-a-return-in-turbotax/00/27579

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you used the Online version the only thing you can do with 2018 is download the pdf or .tax2018 file to your computer.  You can't delete the amended return or get the original.

You can download the .tax2018 file and open it in the 2018 Desktop program.  Then you can undo the amended return and put it back to the original return.  Then you can use it to transfer into a new 2019 return.

Post back if you want to do anything with 2018.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies