turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Second Stimulus and TurboTax

@LinaJ2020 

The IRS says no info available. 

TurboTax isn't telling me ANYTHING. 

I did not receive stimulus money for my dependent like I did the first time.  Will it still be issued? 

@LinaJ2020 

I'm still waiting...only 2 days left and still not heard from TurboTax OR irs. Should I continue ignoring the IRS website???

stewartr6
Returning Member

I need to update my direct deposit information, I got a email and when I go to the site it says it can not update the information. Who can I call to get the information updated.

@stewartr6 wrote:

I need to update my direct deposit information, I got a email and when I go to the site it says it can not update the information. Who can I call to get the information updated.

Did you use the procedure as shown in this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/internal-revenue-service/help/update-your-stimulus-payment-direct-...

@LinaJ2020 

Still waiting...

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Mikantor -- It sounds like the IRS website is saying that they don't have any information about your rebate--NOT that you won't be receiving it.  If you don't receive the stimulus payment by the time you file your taxes, you can make an adjustment on your 2020 tax return for stimulus payments you qualify for, but have not received

To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Enter the information in your return.
  2. Click Federal Review at the top of your screen. 
  3. On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  4. You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received
  5. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to.  This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

@JBrake78

@Mikantor

I understand that if the payments haven't been recieved by Jan. 15 (today), then I have to make a claim on the 2020 tax returns asap. What I'm confused about is why did I get the email that my funds were on the way, but I recieved nothing. Was this just a blanket email to all customers with no information checked? I would think TurboTax would've linked the payment information to the account I've used for over a decade now, to make sure my payment was indeed accounted for. So this makes me question the validity of the email and the trustworthiness of the program. Any answers beyond "the IRS..."?

@WesleyAngel 

I never got the email. A tax expert shared it with me here. The IRS website is telling me the same thing it's said since the day it came online "no info available" TurboTax is REFUSING to tell me anything other than to check the website. 

@Irene2805 

As I have stated numerous times,if I don't get the stimulus by today, I will never use TurboTax again. This is because I have been told TurboTax has the money but not sending it until the IRS says they can. I've been using this service for 6 years. 

We haven't received any email from turbotax about receiving our 2nd payment. According to the GMP website, our check was sent to a closed turbotax card account. I just read that the IRS isn't going to start accepting e-file until February. Of course I read that after I filed the RRC. How is filing the rebate recovery going to get to us faster??? 

Today, Jan. 15, I received a letter and "EIP Card" from the Dept. of Treasury via a private company, "Economic Impact Payment Card, PO Box 247022, Omaha, NE 68124-7022. (It could have passed for a bill or junk mail, although there was a note on the envelope that it was neither).

I activated the enclosed debit card and the balance contains the rest of the stimulus payments that were due. Much relieved. 

My best guess is that these funds could have been offset for anything other than a stimulus payment (student loan debts, etc.) and were diverted to a card-based payment for... reasons. 

So CHECK YOUR POSTAL MAIL VERY CAREFULLY. 

More info here: https://www.eipcard.com/
Also here: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

why do I keep getting this when I try to check on my Turbo Tax that I submitted?

It looks like you've already completed your 2020 tax return. The IRS announced that the tax filing season will open on February 12, 2021. If you e‑filed, your tax return status will be updated after the IRS begins accepting returns.

Uhrick

I got several emails about my check. Including that it was returned. All of these looked real except for the fact they were from e.tubotax... They seemed like Spam to me as I wasn't expecting it to come from Turbotax instead of from the Treasury. Why were these messages not on my account page so that I could see they are real. Now I will need to file for it or hope it will eventually come as a check.

CValinsky
Returning Member

I received my second stimulus check full amount of $600 on January 4th, 2021 even though this is not in tax year 2020 should I be declaring that I received the 2 payments in full, and not claim the rebate tax credit?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies