turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SBTPG sending refunds

I have been reading in this tax group that some people who didn’t have credits had a ddd of 2/9/22 but have failed to receive their funds. It shows on the IRS. Wmr tool that the money has been sent and also on the SBTPG site the money has been funded. I used Turbo tax and the credit karma card and I don’t want this issue. I just wanted to know if there is a problem sending funds?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

111 Replies

SBTPG sending refunds

My best guess is that ACH between TPG and Credit Karma is using the cheap slow method that can take 1 to 2 business days. You would think with the fees we paid they could have used same day ACH.

SBTPG sending refunds

You’re probably right. They should’ve kept the TurboTax card b/c that is crazy. I hope it’s better by mid-February…Smh

imlost2022
Returning Member

SBTPG sending refunds

There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason as to who is affected.  Major banks and prepaid card holders are all in the same boat.  The only common denominator is SBTG.  I am starting to wonder if they mailed our checks to our banks.  This is not a good look for those of us who have trusted and relied on Turbo tax over the years.  It may be a good idea for their administrators to do some PR right now.  SBTG site says mine was deposited to my bank 2/8.  My ddd was 2/9.  There is no funds received by me or at the bank.

SBTPG sending refunds

IRS where my Refund shows ours was paid yesterday. Not in my bank! Have checked repeatedly and nothing. Called my bank and said it simply had not been received  and it shows up immediately when it does.

SBTPG sending refunds

Exact same situation here. I’ve never experienced this with TT before. IRS shows paid and sent to bank. Where is it?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

SBTPG sending refunds

@lavetap  @imlost2022 If TPG is handling the refund due to having your fees deducted from your refund, you would need to contact them to determine the date your refund will be sent for a direct deposit. You can contact TPG by clicking here

@Tabathapay1 How did you pay for your Turbo Tax fees?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

SBTPG sending refunds

This hasn’t happened in my case yet but my refund has to go to them for my fees. Why isn’t TurboTax checking to see why they are holding folks refund? Especially since they are getting their fees? It reminds me of that $600 stimulus they sent to SBTPG and TurboTax had to apologize and let us know the problem was corrected. This isn’t right. I’ve never seen a deposit yet come after the deposit dates. Mine are always 2-3 days before.

SBTPG sending refunds

@CarissaM Thanks for engaging with us.  SBTG took the fees out 2/8 and the site says it deposited to my account the same day.  However, like so many others my bank has no record of this transaction.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

SBTPG sending refunds

If your fees were taken out per SBTPG, you will have to follow up with your bank.

@Dionte1335

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

SBTPG sending refunds

Have you now received your funds? This my first year with fees. Not even sure why I had to pay, but I see a lot of reviews about TPG and it’s not good. Im concerned now and will forever pay upfront if needed now.

SBTPG sending refunds

I am having the same issue and TurboTax is unable to give me any answers or help figure out where my money is . I have gotten some kind of a payment but was not for the right amount  when I call SBTPG and they said they don't have record of my information.  I was told to call the IRS but I can't reach anyone. Thr bank keeps saying they have nothing but TurboTax last night told me the IRS will be sending my federal like they did my state ? I never had an issue like this and I been with TurboTax a few years myself .... I just don't understand what is going on.  It's horrible other are dealing with issues but at least I know it's not just me . The bank told me if it went into the wrong account and posted I can't do anything about it but my info is correct I'm worried I am SOL on my refund .

SBTPG sending refunds

this my first year with fees also but SBTPG got my refund yesterday, and is the day before the DDD which is 2/16, then and I got my refund literally 6:18 in the morning. Kinda surprised I got it on time despite seeing way too many bad reviews about SBTPG but I’m guessing maybe I got lucky or just because cashapp does early deposits. 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

SBTPG sending refunds

If you signed up for Pay With My Refund, your refund will be handled through the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG, formerly SBBT). You can go to the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website if you need assistance with your refund. You can also contact the IRS regarding your refund by calling 800-829-1040. You may want to try calling at a different time since you were unable to get through the first time. 

@karibakerspurloc

Thank you for sharing that information. We are glad you received your refund on time.

@Brandoncasper40

SBTPG sending refunds

Awesome!  I am so glad to hear that someone  received their refund without any issues.  I don't know if I have a date yet because I can't check my transcripts and PATH was just lifted but I was just concerned by all the comments that I had been reading. Thanks for sharing some positivity!😊

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies