turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group- Holding Tax Refund and Will not respond

me too i'm going through the same thing with them

Why is anyone using a third party? Because EVERYONE’S finances aren’t the same. Why would you even make that assumption? We’ve  not only been going through a pandemic for the last two years, but some folks lost their jobs, homes, etc! So they might not have been able to pay upfront. Please be mindful and considerate of one’s feelings. I’m not saying your statement was coming from a malicious place but we gotta be more open minded about these kinds of things. Especially with everything going on… God bless. 

I do not think that TT gives us a choice, regarding the third parties. I do not know how it works, and I do not think that somebody who has a refund over $10000 choose the  third party.  TT decided. And I did not accuse anybody that has to work with a third party. The problem is the quality of that 3rd, 4th, etc party, which does not do their job.

On the other hand, as you said, everybody have their own problems. Why to add to our problems, those created by poor and poor quality of those services. If they are not able to perform, they should  shut down.  Who knows? Maybe they "invested" those refunds in the market on the wrong side? Or somebody from that service rob the bank, etc.

Of course, we do not care what is the motive. We do not need explanations. We are in usa, not in the third world. This is why we are here. This is why we pay big taxes. We can accept an accident, once in a while. But here, many people complain that nobody answer their calls, the service does not perform. This is the most frustrated. To be treated like their slave, not like their master. What virus? We will have viruses permanently, all the family of this covid and the next to follow. So what, we must loose our mind, our responsibilities? Since when? Thank you.

You do have a choice.  You can pay the fees upfront with a credit card or have the fees deducted from your refund for an extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge (45 in California).  

If you pay with a credit card your refund comes directly from the IRS.  If you have the fees deducted then it goes through the 3rd party bank which costs more and may add a day or two.

Thank you, I know. My problem is that I did not file the taxes, and TT did not allow me on April 18, night to file the extension. Looking for an answer at that question, I reached into this room, and I was frustrated to see how the people are treated by that service, named 3rd party. I hope that they will be closed soon.

Ma’am are you actually taking the time to read the thread and my responses or just reading to respond? I know the choice I have. I stated everyone may not have the funds to pay upfront. You got that part? Secondly… I’ve been doing it this way for years with absolutely 0 problems. Moving forward, unfortunately my bank didn’t take the proper precautions to alert folks of the maximum balance FOR MY ACCOUNT and my funds were rejected. I can’t speak for anyone else’s account and that’s what caused my check to be mailed. Thirdly, the third party has failed to send the check and it’s been going on 2 months. Something is clearly wrong and not right. That is the sole purpose that most of us are here. AGAIN EVERYONE MAY NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO HAVE IT REMOVED AHEAD OF TIME and that is why “some” may have went through TT. 

You did not get my point. I did not accuse anybody that used a 3rd party service. I accused the 3rd party service for not doing its job, and TT to refer to such a service.

Hun! That reply wasn’t directed towards you. It was in response to another commenter on the thread. I agree with you wholeheartedly. Lol!!! 

Abby2539
Returning Member

Have you got your check yet?

Nope! Once again a representative told me it was mailed 4/22/22 and it should take 7/10 business days. Now this past Wednesday another one told me it was printed 4/25, mailed 4/26 and should take 7/10 business days. It’s a bunch of bullsh*t. And I already reached out to handle this matter legally. How about you? 

I've finally got a hold of the IRS they told me it will be a couple more weeks

Probably saying that after TT was sued by FTC for a measly 141M. Which is only like 30 per filer. Which is weird since they have no problem taking the money but they do in returning it? 

A few weeks to receive from them (IRS) or TPG? 

@eloisemillie have you got this resolved yet. I'm in the same run around with them as well. Its not right! 

@Robert4718 what did you do to get ahold of the irs? I've tried an havent got anyone 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies