Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group- Holding Tax Refund and Will not respond

Yes, we the customers are becoming the slaves of different services. All the incompetent people employed in different services harass the citizens, while the politicians .... We are punished because we are doing our obligations. 

Same story here. Smh

Exactly what happened to me except they sent me a cashiers check that I couldn’t cash any were then when I finally found a place that would cash it for 175$ green dot wouldn’t verify the check . My direct deposit that they supposedly denied was there own bank 

8DE63A88-1A03-4288-9F11-8C313D61C91A.png

I paid for turbo tax max and requested a refund here’s whAt I got back 

THIS IS CRAZY!

I filed taxes with my husband, and as I've done pass 5 years filed a 8379 injured spouse form. (Due to a offset my husband receives but I'm not responsible for)

I always mail the form in same time I file electronically because it gets processed faster. 8 weeks for mailed in form, after the 8wks I called the irs and after a handful attempts got through to a person. To whom informed me that my form was accepted, processed and case is now closed with a new amount to be refunded to me. Typically if you file through turbotax and opt for fees to be paid by return l then it gets sent to 3rd party. Santa Barbara and from there the fees are deducted and remaining balance is sent. 

Well that's the same way for a return being sent back with a lower amount. When I contacted Turbotax, after receiving a confirmation email stating fees will be paid by debit on April 22 to ask why I haven't received the balance I was told there wasn't anything showing. That I needed to contact TPG Santa Barbara, well after literally being on hold for 2 hours and 53 minutes I was told that I had to contact the irs again bc they haven't received my funds. Which is a crazy lie bc just the day before the fees were paid but then magically fees were back to being due. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and lady try to tell me I had to get a "tracking number" from the irs for my return... DO WHAT!? I haven't ever heard this before and once case is closed it's a done deal. Never in the last 5 years has it taken longer than 48 hours to receive funds after irs closed the case. That's including the year they mailed me a check. Something is wrong and definitely going on with them and also reporting it to the BBB. Best of luck with your refund.

Have you still not received a check!? D:

Same! I’ve reached out to IRS, TT, and TPG umpteen times with no resolution whatsoever. It’s absurd and fraudulent at this point. My bank rejected my refund 2/24/22 and which they’ve  stated it was sent back to the IRS. The IRS stated once the initial removed funds are taken for payment to TT that the third party are the ones who issue the funds and which TT states they only handle the paperwork piece. TPG said they sent the check standard mail in which they never have and continue to make fake accusations every time I call and speak with a representative. I’m furious!!! I even sent out my Identification on top of an indemnity form only to be told it takes three days to process, then further when on to say it takes 11 days too process and will be mailed the following Wednesday. Still no check. Still no answers. I spoke with the IRS today who stated they will follow up with me in 24hrs and if I don’t get a honest answer they will trace the check and move forward. I also spoke with TPG today and now after a previous representative just told me it will take another 11 days to process (After they said it was already mailed) and they don’t see a check that was processed that one was mailed 4/22/22 and should be there within 7/10 business days. If my check is not here by Friday I will be reaching out to FTC and handling this matter legally. It is absolutely wrong to play with peoples livelihood like this and have no sort of remorse or explanation other than lies as to why this is happening. So sorry you, I, and countless others have to endure this mess! I hope you have some answers soon. 😊

Yeah this is starting to get really ridiculously now. After using turbotax for years I've decided not to again all because of this Santa Barbara crap. They lie to cover their asses and keep pashing the buck instead of doing their jobs and telling us something, anything but lies. An irs agent even made the comment that they're getting sick of them. They've had more calls related to santa Barbara this year than ever before. Now when you try calling their customer service line it's busy. It stays busy now and I don't believe we're going to see any funds in may unfortunately 😕 

Why does anyone use the 3rd party service?  And there is also an Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge (45 in California).  So avoid the extra charge and pay the fees another way.  And it might even add a day or 2 to process your refund and send it to you instead of getting it directly from the IRS.  

And if the IRS delays your refund Turbo Tax will ask you to pay the fees before it comes.  And the IRS might adjust your return (which is happening a lot this year) so the refund left might not be enough to cover the fees.

Why you do not let FBI and FTC  investigate it? It looks as a fraud.

But, why your bank rejected the check? Did you find out?

My husband and I do our return together, as we've done 10 years. For the pass about 8yrs (once I found out about the injured spouse form) I've filed a form to get back my portion of our return since it gets offset. (Refund is applied to pass due fees and obligations) I'm not responsible for the fees of ny husbands that he got before we were married. Every year I mail in my form same time I file electronically and receive a close case within 8-9 weeks. Then within 72hrs after TT fees are deducted the remaining balance is sent to my card. Unfortunately this year we are going into the 3rd week of no refund. After speaking with the irs and them informing me that my injured spouse form has been accepted and case is closed giving me a remaining balance of a few thousand. Well over the amount owed for TT fees but yet no funds have been transferred to my account. Spoken with TT and they just apologize saying to contact sbtpg who's phone dont ring, not any numbers given will ring only gives a busy dial tone. Sbtpg is a scam and is messing over thousands of people right now. 

They rejected it bc the bank I deal with stated there is only a maximum of 15,000 that can be deposited within the month, so basically bc I had funds put into the account previously once the refund was sent and with the amount being 13,300 it was over the 15,000 limit. The bank sent it back to the IRS, in which I’ve seen numerous ppl state they will try a second time (Which never happened) and the third party was too issue a printed check moving forward. Now this… 😡

They are most definitely F’n over thousands of taxpayers and it’s absolutely wrong! You’ve done everything on your end right and still seem to be getting railroaded. It’s a shame. I’m sorry you’re getting a busy signal. Here’s the number if that helps [phone number removed], enter your refund info then press #4 to speak with a representative. I’m letting you know it can take hours to reach someone but don’t give up hope! Also, make sure they give you the check number and the day/date it was processed/mailed so you can have it as a paper trail and records for the IRS. Good luck! 

Next year, avoid all this (and save the extra charge) by paying your TT fees upfront with a debit or credit card,

Thank you. Good to know. I will check with my bank to see what would be the limits for a deposit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies