Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Polymath53
Returning Member

rejected efile AGI

Filed late last year with paper (and refund).  Have attempted to efile 4x this week and return has been rejected for wrong AGI 4x.  I've changed efile pins 2x and triple checked AGI in last year's filing.  Still rejected. Rejection message is always: 

"IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.." 

About to paper file in frustration but do not want to.  Suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

rejected efile AGI

If you have not tried entering a zero for the 2017 AGI then do so now.  If the IRS also rejects your federal tax return for this 2017 AGI then you will have to print and mail your tax return. 

It would be wise to download the PDF of your tax return and the tax data file Now if you are using the TurboTax online editions since that edition will probably be shut down after today to make way for the 2019 online editions.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the procedure to print a tax return for mailing when using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Polymath53
Returning Member

rejected efile AGI

Thanks, I will try this nonintuitive approach 🙂  Will respond with outcome.  No fears - I am using Turbotax on my machine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

rejected efile AGI

try 0 for AGI since you filed late last year BUT

since your return was rejected, this is the last day to fix the issue and efile.   after 10/20/19 for a rejected return, you must mail it.  follow TT filing instructions, attach required forms, and mail using a method where you can track it or get proof of delivery. 

Polymath53
Returning Member

rejected efile AGI

The $0 AGI did the trick.  It would be even nicer if that was documented somewhere when they reject it the first four times 🙂  Thanks so much for saving me mailing 30+ pages of fluff. 

Poly

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies